• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa 4 - 1 Wolves: Verdict

.As for 6/6 from the next two games, yes, obviously. But that will only paper over the cracks which will be exploited in the Premier League. Christ, even our goal difference advantage is evaporating.

You do realise we can strengthen the side before next season, right?

can only agree with what's been stated - plus an incident in first half when we broke with pace and had 3-4 against 2 in their box and couldn't even find a shot, let alone what should have been a goal.

As bad as we’ve been all season no complaints with the result. Worried absolutely it’s not pant wetting just an observation that we’ve played Fulham and Villa in the last 2 weeks and looked a distinct 2nd best.

Stop being so one-eyed. If it was us defending and given as a pen against us, you'd be doing the same unintelligible reactionary act that you always do.

It was a quasi-bodycheck that may get a free kick somewhere else on the pitch, but it was never going to be given as a penalty. Doherty was looking for the penalty, it was clumsy by Adomah, but it wasn't a pen.

Go and get some fresh air and see if you can learn how to write with a modicum of coherence.

It was not a body check.and if one of our defenders had done that i'd be up for not paying him it waa awful.challenge he had both legs round doc's waist.
Why dont you take another look and see if you know what the fuck your talking about you dick

Not really, centre mid was fine, Neves and N'Daiye were very good along with Doherty. The supporting cast not so good, including a fairly static keeper.
Think Wolves struggled to assert any real dominance in the centre of the park for most of the game. Grealish dropping in gave Villa a numerical advantage and coupled with much greater intensity from them it left Wolves with real problems at times. Usually Wolves' shape and organisation have seen them overcome such situations but tonight Villa found it too easy to bypass at times.

It was not a body check.and if one of our defenders had done that i'd be up for not paying him it waa awful.challenge he had both legs round doc's waist.
Why dont you take another look and see if you know what the fuck your talking about you dick
Yawn.

It’s been a wonderful season, on the whole, but the arrogance has been misplaced.

Christ, it’s been tough being a Wolves supporter for the last fifty years. I really did sense the possibility that things were about to change for the better. Maybe they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think Wolves struggled to assert any real dominance in the centre of the park for most of the game. Grealish dropping in gave Villa a numerical advantage and coupled with much greater intensity from them it left Wolves with real problems at times. Usually Wolves' shape and organisation have seen them overcome such situations but tonight Villa found it too easy to bypass at times.

Grealish played well but that was more to do with our defence not picking him up. Neves and N'Daiye dominated the first half but began to fade as Jota and Cav were poor at keeping the ball.

Try and debate without the name calling.

Let’s try and be a bit rational about this. I still think we will win the league, but no way on Earth are we going to beat Reading’s record and no way are we as good as some of our players think we are. For me, Nuno must take much of the blame for that performance: Batth was a disaster waiting to happen at Leeds (watch again how his buggering about leads to the free kick in the first minute) and no way should he have started. And like everyone on here said, he should have been subbed at half time. Club captain or not, he has no further part to play this season. Bonatini? Why did he not shoot in the first minute? Maybe not the heart of a pea but Grabban was everything he wasn’t, and Grabban is no world beater. Nuno has made a lot of mistakes recently and he, as much as the team, needs to sort himself out.
As for 6/6 from the next two games, yes, obviously. But that will only paper over the cracks which will be exploited in the Premier League. Christ, even our goal difference advantage is evaporating.

You are close for me but there is no way that Doherty Douglas Batth, Bonatini, are first choices in a premier league team. We know there are areas to improve on but that is nothing new. The club took the tactical decision that, given our position at the end of January, additions were not necessary. It was a tactical risk. It could backfire. However despite the setbacks we are still odds on at the bookies. To be fair if we don't beat Reading and Burton then do we deserve to go up? The liklehood is that we will go up and win the league. I repeat. We learnt nothing new tonight. Villa have a strong team and beat us fair and square. We are easily good enough to win 6 or 7 of our last 10 games and I truly believe that will he enough. OK it would have been great to thrash everyone but that's unrealistic at championship level. We are still a top team , still top oif the league and probably the gap is just enough! Don't panic.

Well that was an embarrassment. Danny Batth should never play for Wolves again, totally useless. But much like the Fulham game, there were just too many players who lacked desire and heart. It was another gutless, pathetic display and right now there are 3 teams easily playing better than us in this division. I think the players look mentally shot, they look tight, they look nervous, they look edgy. And that's why I can't rule out the possibility yet that we could end up missing automatic promotion, the momentum is with 3 other teams. And you can call it pant wetting if you like, but it would be arrogant and asinine to say otherwise, the way current form stands. Hopefully our run of easier fixtures can calm the nerves a bit, they certainly need it... But fail to beat both Reading and Burton who I believe are our next 2 games and panic mode will certainly become real for these players.

You do realise we can strengthen the side before next season, right?

Of course I do, and I have no reason to argue with someone whose opinion I respect. I was really referring more to poor managerial decisions, of which there have been plenty recently

Of course I do, and I have no reason to argue with someone whose opinion I respect. I was really referring more to poor managerial decisions, of which there have been plenty recently

I didn’t read it that way, my apologies - nuno has been awesome this season, but I do disagree with a couple of his decisions lately, Batth and bonantini being chief among them.

Not really, centre mid was fine, Neves and N'Daiye were very good along with Doherty. The supporting cast not so good, including a fairly static keeper.

Watching a different game to me. Our midfield was barely in the game. Villa were better in every way, particularly the second half.

I doubt we'll see Danny Batth play another minute for Wolves and rightly so.

I do worry that it took so long for Nuno to see this...why not earlier? surely he could see that was where they were targetting?
The decision making when getting to the box is also baffling,we break at speed and regardless who it was, they just ran at the defence
and either passed to no one or turned back...need to be more positive.

Villa fans on the radio saying we were scared of the crowd!..to me we just seemed slightly lazy and complacent.

I didn’t read it that way, my apologies - nuno has been awesome this season, but I do disagree with a couple of his decisions lately, Batth and bonantini being chief among them.

No prob. You and me both re Batth and Bonatini.

Watching a different game to me. Our midfield was barely in the game. Villa were better in every way, particularly the second half.

Much like Fulham were. 2 very loud wake up calls. Only players to come out with any shred of credit are Doherty and Neves. The rest of them were awful.

The first so called penalty wasn't obvious at all in real time so can totally get it not being given; Doherty didn't even have the ball under control. Debatable but Banjo is spot on, we'd be livid if it was given the other way around against us. The second one was clear.

The first was a penalty but I can see why it wasn't given. The 2nd was as stonewall as they come.

Grealish played well but that was more to do with our defence not picking him up. Neves and N'Daiye dominated the first half but began to fade as Jota and Cav were poor at keeping the ball.
I don't think the defence could come with him to be honest, they were struggling enough as it was with Grabban getting at Coady and Villa's wide players getting beyond the wingbacks, if any of them had stepped out with Grealish then there was a big gap to be taken advantage of. They needed another body in the middle of the park as the two of them couldn't cover the ground/numbers at Villa's intensity. When Nuno made the double change I imagined Saiss would be joining them in the middle whilst it changed to a back four but instead he just went straight in for Batth, he failed to adapt to the situation today.

Back