• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Dan Bentley

As well as allowing Sarkic to go on loan, clear attempt to bring more experience and increase the average age of the squad. Seems sensible

Experienced pair of hands, even if not the most exciting signing. Might just be enough to make Sa up his game potentially though I think most of us would like further summer activity in this area still.

I don't know him, would him be a replacement for Sá or to sit on the bench?

Basically a back up keeper we are prepared to play if need be as Lopetegui doesn't fancy Sarkic at all.

Welcome to the Nathan Blake/Paul Simpson/Alex Rae club of signing years after I wanted you in the first place :) but I think the impact will be more Simpson than Rae.

Didn't realise he was Bristol City's captain, he's either spectacularly ambitious and think's he has a chance of playing or like a lot of goalkeepers (they're a strange bunch) happy to waste a large part of his career sitting around.

Didn't realise he was Bristol City's captain, he's either spectacularly ambitious and think's he has a chance of playing or like a lot of goalkeepers (they're a strange bunch) happy to waste a large part of his career sitting around.
He's not played for them for months after falling out with Pearson

His last game was a 3-0 defeat to Blues in which Sanderson scored.

Wonder if Sa carries on with his current form, might push him out?

I mean he's made horrendous errors directly leading to a goal in the last two games and regularly lets in absolutely laughable goals (even last season when he was largely good). Distribution is bloody awful all the time now too. One of West Ham's only chances was him passing the ball straight to one of their players on the edge of the box.

It wouldn't bother me if Bentley did play against Liverpool, I doubt it though.

Shame there are no cup games left to test him in.

said in his interview on the wolves YouTube channel he’s coming to play and fight for the shirt, give him a bit of time to settle I think he’ll be playing

Doubt he will be playing. Don't think he's known for his distribution and he's known to make some poor mistakes from time to time, we've probably seen the chance to get Sarkic out on loan and get an experienced backup who is a good shot stopper for about 50k, but I don't expect to see him unless Sa's confidence drops to a level where he can't be played.

No way he gets picked ahead of Sa. But nice to have another experienced head in the dressing room, and he’s cost Jeff a bit of change from the back of his sofa.

Welcome, Dan!

Agreed, seems like a younger Ruddy replacement in many ways.

Think he cost City £2m too, so hopefully he's decent enough if called upon

Back