• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What I Want from December

Pre-fucking-cisely.

Knowledge of the championship is the worst case of emperor's new clothes in world football. A complete load of bollocks wrapped up in a concept to ensure that the same tired shitehawks get their six-monthly step back onto the gravy train.

He's been promoted from this league 4 times and has instantly turned Villa around. I can see why you wouldn't want him, I can see how he wouldn't fit into our system. To call him 'absolutely shite' within the context of being a Championship manager is quite frankly bollocks though.

It really isn't. He IS shite. Every three years you are binning off Bruce and rebuilding your squad to remove the not fit for purpose pap he has brought in on vast wages. Not what we want at all.

It really isn't. He IS $#@!e. Every three years you are binning off Bruce and rebuilding your squad to remove the not fit for purpose pap he has brought in on vast wages. Not what we want at all.
Depends how long term you are looking though doesn't it. Hypothetically I'd take him to get us promoted and then bin him off.

Why not just get the right man in first time? Someone good enough for the top flight shouldn't find demons in this shit-tip of a division.

That's the ideal situation clearly and I didn't want Bruce when we appointed Zenga - not that I wanted him either. However in hindsight Bruce would have been a better candidate in August than any of those we were left with in November if the criteria is British and Championship experience, which rightly or wrongly is what it was.

Why not just get the right man in first time? Someone good enough for the top flight shouldn't find demons in this shit-tip of a division.

How many managers capable of taking you to the top are going to drop to the Championship?

Bruce would've been a good appointment in the summer, he's nothing special but he's got a few promotions on his CV and some decent PL finishes too, so what if you need to find someone new in 3 years time, how many managers last much longer than that these days anyway?

Benitez came down here. Karanka did.

Bruce would not in any sane world have been a good appointment at all. Same as Lambert isn't despite his championship promotion on the CV and good Premier League finishes.

So what your saying is pretty much what has been said for two or more seasons that we need a new GK a new centre back and 1 if not two full backs, a playmaking midfield player and if we are really pushing the boat out, a goal scorer!

#massivetaskinjanuary

Pretty much!

I think a CB and two full backs (one of which may be Silvio if he hasn't already been binned off) would make a substantial difference to us.

I firmly believe our strongest team ain't half bad! Certainly better than our current league position

Ikeme
New FB New CB Baath/Hause/Stears/Whoever Silvio
Saiss Price/Coady
Costa Tex Cav
Dicko/Bod

What I want in December is for Wolves to play their best players and go out and attack teams. We have beaten three of the current top four in the division, so we do have the ability within the squad, so let's start showing it.

Often fielding your best players has to come secondary to fielding your best team. As an example I don't believe Wolves as a team have found a good balanced blend of players in midfield ALL season. One which offers strength without the ball while also offering flair and creativity with it.

Pretty much!

I think a CB and two full backs (one of which may be Silvio if he hasn't already been binned off) would make a substantial difference to us.

I firmly believe our strongest team ain't half bad! Certainly better than our current league position

Ikeme
New FB New CB Baath/Hause/Stears/Whoever Silvio
Saiss Price/Coady
Costa Tex Cav
Dicko/Bod

The trouble is that our new manager says that half that team have 'had their chance', are inexperienced and not ready for the Championship.
Hopefully he's been misquoted about that, and as he has said that the problem is the defence, he will do something about it.

Benitez came down here. Karanka did.

Bruce would not in any sane world have been a good appointment at all. Same as Lambert isn't despite his championship promotion on the CV and good Premier League finishes.

Benitez didn't take a Championship job, no chance he'd have come in from elsewhere if Newcastle had been relegated by someone else.

Some stretch to call Karanka a top manager, took him 3 years to get Boro up and they're not doing anything special so far this season, he's no better than Bruce at this point.

I think Steve Bruce has to move into the right situation, usually a club that has a few quid to spend. Put him in somewhere like Blues this season and I doubt he makes the play offs. Place him at Ipswich and he's probably relegated.

Benitez didn't take a Championship job, no chance he'd have come in from elsewhere if Newcastle had been relegated by someone else.

Some stretch to call Karanka a top manager, took him 3 years to get Boro up and they're not doing anything special so far this season, he's no better than Bruce at this point.

Bollocks. Karanka's connections tell you all you need to know - he is above the standard grade. And Boro are doing just fucking fine. Miles and miles better than shitehawk potato head in all areas bar writing excrement crime fiction.

How are you responding to Lopetegui then? Was clearly coming here.

We do not need to keep employing this "knows the championship" types. If we are then go and get the best one of the lot back from fucking Ipswich.

I wouldn't care if he was the last manager on earth, I still wouldn't ever want Bruce here.

Why this obsession with a $#@!ing British manager. He is absolutely $#@!e.

He is most definitely not shite. His record at Blues, Wigan, Hull and so far at Villa is far better than anything any manager since McGarry has produced at Wolves! You may not like him but he has far better credentials than any manager we’ve had in the past 30 years. Who are you expecting? Another outstanding foreigner to follow the roaring successes of SS and Walt?

Yes. Because they would be far better than the outstanding success of anybody British here bar Mick in that time

Yes. Because they would be far better than the outstanding success of anybody British here bar Mick in that time

So you’d gamble on a foreign manager rather than appoint a man who has an excellent record over many years? Each to their own, seems like your dislike of Bruce exceeds your love of Wolves!

I didn't want Bruce in 2012 (for the reasons mentioned earlier) and I didn't want him this summer either. I've never enjoyed watching his teams, he doesn't play particularly exciting or attractive football and his limitations once you get above this level are there for all to see. He's twice relegated teams after spending huge (relative to the club) money and was very keen to dodge any blame for that on both occasions. Sunderland were heading the same way as well before they sacked him. He talks an enormous amount of shite, professional whinger and I doubt I could ever warm to him on a personal level.

All that said, I am pretty sure he would have us at least in the top ten at this stage, absolutely miles away from the bottom three, and he'll probably get Villa up eventually. I can see the arguments for him, I just happen to disagree.

Bollocks. Karanka's connections tell you all you need to know - he is above the standard grade. And Boro are doing just fucking fine. Miles and miles better than shitehawk potato head in all areas bar writing excrement crime fiction.

How are you responding to Lopetegui then? Was clearly coming here.

We do not need to keep employing this "knows the championship" types. If we are then go and get the best one of the lot back from fucking Ipswich.

So you're judging him by who his mates are now? Karanka hasn't done anything that Bruce hasn't already done! Got a team promoted and chugging along to safety in unspectacular fashion, Steve's been there and got the t-shirt.

Lopetegui never actually got here so it's all hypothetical, though again I'd argue whether or not he really fits into the top class bracket unless landing a big job now automatically qualifies you for that club, his CV paints the picture of a Spanish Southgate, undoubtably well thought of by his FA but club record is uninspiring.

You're very quick to jump on people for some perceived obsession with British heritage or Championship experience but you're just coming across like the flip side of the coin seemingly getting a raging hardon whenever someone with an exotic name is mentioned. How would you have felt with an appointment like Clement or Southgate? On paper they'd have been very similar appointments to either Karanka or Lopetegui respectively but some how I get the impression they wouldn't have set your pulse racing like the Spaniards.

Back