• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Brighton (Shit we're now 5th) Thread

Jinky

Head Brownie
Reaction score
Huge missed opportunity and the Brighton voodoo continues.

Very frustrating.

They came for a point and got it. They deserved it. We were shit.

That's very annoying if not predictable.

We made it too easy for Brighton with sloppy passing.

Tired, pedestrian, listless, with and without the ball. No tempo, no pressing, very little movement, zero creativity. Worst performance for ages that.

5 unbeaten :)

Pretty poor from both teams but we did create the better of the very few chances. 0-0 fair result

Actually fell asleep watching that.

I don't think we're too far away from winning these kind of games

The only tactical thing I think would have been Neto as an attacking midfielder rather than Dendoncker.

We'd have won if our passing had been sharper

Very disappointed created little. Brighton well worth their point and results not gone for us at all.

Mentality, tactics, desire all shite. Not sure what Donk was on the pitch for. With a CB playing LB with no desire to cross Halfway or do anything this was a missed opportunity. When Neves went off he was anonymous too, bizarre change that made us worse and look more like losing than winning. Meant we struggled to have the passing range to actually get Adama in attacking positions.

Raul was awful. Spent the whole game trying flicks and ridiculous shots than doing basics. More Emile Heskey less faux Zlatan please. As a result we struggled to do much in the final third. Vinagre was pretty useless, Doc did nothing after the opening 10, Moutinho was quiet. All in all it was a bit rubbish, and it’s not because Brighton parked the bus. We just
Weren’t at it, made mistakes tactically, poor use of subs and too many players had bad games.

We didn’t expect to go on a run and we’re not going to. Let’s make sure we finish 6th rather than worry about 4th.

I don't think we're too far away from winning these kind of games

The only tactical thing I think would have been Neto as an attacking midfielder rather than Dendoncker.

We'd have won if our passing had been sharper

Agree re Neto. Felt like a good chance to put him on as the 10 again, feed him the ball and let him create.

I get the selection but it felt like cutting off the nose to spite the face - Mooy has troubled us before but he's hardly Messi. Kind of hoping it was done with half an eye on Thursday (especially the subs!) but we're probably going to get more of the same from Olympiakos for both legs.

A flat performance in a dreadful game which neither side deserved to win. 0-0 a fair result - we barely laid a finger on them and never looked like scoring.

Nothing to get worked up about - we move on. I'll rant about the people sat around me at another time...

Should have started 3-4-3. Very flat all round, quite a few players had poor games. Some oddly smug posts in this thread.

I think the most frustrating thing must be that even in a very flat game the substitutions did nothing to lift the performance, if anything they probably made it worse.

Podence has to do more. Don't care if people think it's harsh either. I get he's only getting sub appearances settling into a new country and league etc but if he's not going to make any impact we may as well use Neto. Jota and Raul represent a massive portion of out goal threat and we can't afford to be bringing on players for either that aren't offering much.

Thought Podence played well when he came on, but we didn’t really move the ball to him or Traore. Credit to Brighton on closing Moutinho down very effectively, I think we missed Jonny too.

Back