• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Forest - Verdict Thread

Forest were a better version of Sunderland today and we looked tired and struggled to create. Having looked at the match thread i would agree with Johnny in that for some reason we have started to go wide and put crosses in to the box which doesn't work for us for numerous reasons but mainly because we don't get players in there to attack them. It's been similar against teams that sit back but when you move the ball as slowly as we did today it looks even worse. Rest up and back to what we're good at please Nuno, balls in to Leo and players off him with Doc and Douglas providing any width we may need.

Forest did something of a number on us, Karanka had them well organised and once that second went in we never looked likely to get back it. It's imperative we score first as teams just sit back enough at 0-0 let alone being in front.

As has been said Forest forced us to play wide and this is a problem. Our wingbacks can be our biggest strength or weakness and today it was definitely the latter. Not a surprise both were hauled off at halftime.

Only positive for today's game someone finally told the steward behind us to shut the fuck up and do his job.

Costa was looking ok but his final ball was poor but he didn't really have anyone to aim for. Teams have learned to defend deep and in numbers to nullify us.

Forest may not have parked the bus but they rarely threatened us

it's fair to say that the other players weren't helping costa so far as targeting.

it's also fair to say that costa didn't make a single good cross the entire time and was generally cause of the attack to end if he had the ball.

Soothsayer tea leaf reader klaxon

Karanka has a great record against wolves.
New manager bounce.
13 games unbeaten , unlucky for some.

Best players look a bit tired.

9 points clear so 30 points from the remaining games and we are home and hosed. I will worry if we are 1 point clear of third with 1 games to go. Until then shit happens

Only way we will create through the middle (at the moment) is if Jota comes up with some magic and he seems a little off it at the moment

Neves was great first half up until he gave the ball away just before the freekick before their 1st goal.
After that I'm afraid he had a shocking match, ran into trouble, misplaced passes and Saiss replicated that too.

I would have brought Ndiah on to be honest.

Did Doc put a decent cross in once today?

Thought Forest were fucking boring if I'm honest....smash and grab.

Also thought the ref was finicky,picky cunt.
Blowed up for anything and everything,moved throw ins and freekicks a foot back yet let a treated player remain on the pitch?!

I thought Doherty, although he made himself available, didn’t have any idea what to do with acres of space. All our attacking threat came from there and ended up with nothing.

Also thought the ref was finicky,picky cunt.
Blowed up for anything and everything,moved throw ins and freekicks a foot back yet let a treated player remain on the pitch?!

Letting the treated player stay on the pitch was 1 of the decisions he actually got right. If a player is booked for a foul and the victim requires treatment he doesn't have to go off, same happened with Jota when their centre half went through him with no hope of getting the ball in the first half.

I had completely forgotten Karanka was managing them now. That actually makes me feel a little better about the match. Enthralling football he may not play, but you can't say he isn't a very good organizer.

I thought Doherty, although he made himself available, didn’t have any idea what to do with acres of space. All our attacking threat came from there and ended up with nothing.
Agree. It’s all very well to be able to chest the ball down from a long range cross, but then offer nothing going forward from it.

Neves and Saiss both keeping there noses clean because of that ban hanging over them both. Doesn't help the team for me. Think Alfred should partner Neves at Ipswich and Vinagre for Douglas. Today has proved once again Doherty isn't good enough in that role.

Only positive for today's game someone finally told the steward behind us to shut the fuck up and do his job.
What’s the story behind that?

What’s the consensus on the fireworks? Someone on WM was moaning we should keep them until we are celebrating something.

The flames in front of the BW warmed me up briefly, we should keep them and even use them at half time.

What’s the consensus on the fireworks? Someone on WM was moaning we should keep them until we are celebrating something.

He constantly comments on the game and shouts his "support" which generally consists of him moaning and spouting a load of footballing cliché. Today consisting mostly of the word "triangles"

I've no problems with the fireworks although with our record I'd be a bit nervous if I was sitting in the Steve Bull.

I'll never forget that poor woman taking a firework to the face, long as its relatively small scale it's ok I think.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I thought the point the about paying for fireworks but not the womens football team's travel was very valid and missed by the presenter tbh.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Don't get the fireworks myself....if it's live on sky i kinda get it but otherwise....nah.

Of all the fouls (or none fouls)on Jota,there was an incident today (1st half) when one of their players raked down the back of Jotas ankle,well away from the play....sly fucking coward.

Don't get the fireworks myself....if it's live on sky i kinda get it but otherwise....nah.

Of all the fouls (or none fouls)on Jota,there was an incident today (1st half) when one of their players raked down the back of Jotas ankle,well away from the play....sly $#@!ing coward.

Surprised?
That's what we'll get.
Effective if you can get away with it.

Agreed. He was the one player who was constantly finding acres of space but whenever he was picked out (which was quite often) he just held up play until he got closed down then moved it backwards. He did put one good cross in but there was nobody there, and I think maybe if he’d attacked the space when he had the chances we may have made the breakthrough in the first half. Far too often he relied on Cav picking it up to work some magic but he’d held it up for so long Forest were always back in numbers.

Having said that, nobody shone today and we looked laboured. And while I understand the call for another goalscorer they wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference today because we were poor in the final third. Onto Ipswich and a better performance accompanied by three points.

Back