• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Forest - Verdict Thread

Forest did a job and a good one. They took Leo out of the game and denied us chances to create and we had no plan b to play. Today was the first time we missed an alternative option from the bench in the striker position.

Doc was poor, Saiss was shit. We didn't play poorly but deserved nothing really.

We may see some additional transfer moves off the back of the last 7 days.

Team are all off to Spain for training ahead of the Ipswich game

Definitely seems to be a strange tactic that we get a lot of space out wide to put crosses in but barely ever have anyone in the box to get on the end of them even if Doherty does miss the first man

How the linesman hasn't called offside for the first I do not know. He's miles off.

Worrall should have gone for that too if Danny's was a red. Late, from behind with force and doesn't get anywhere near the ball.

The linesman couldn’t keep up. Even the Billy Wright Stand became vocal towards him.

Forest did a job and a good one. They took Leo out of the game and denied us chances to create and we had no plan b to play. Today was the first time we missed an alternative option from the bench in the striker position.

Doc was poor, Saiss was shit. We didn't play poorly but deserved nothing really.

We may see some additional transfer moves off the back of the last 7 days.

Team are all off to Spain for training ahead of the Ipswich game

Careful referring to a “plan b”, mate. It upsets a few.

Careful referring to a “plan b”, mate. It upsets a few.

To be fair it's not a plan b as such that's needed in terms of playing style anyway. What's needed is that we find a way of keeping our style but when teams force us wide like Forest did then we don't just go in to doing that when it doesn't suit us. We crossed the ball far too much today when in general we don't and Forest let us do it because they knew it is the best way to defend against us.

The linesman couldn’t keep up. Even the Billy Wright Stand became vocal towards him.
Think that might have just been me :) got every so slightly annoyed at one point and had quite a few tutting in my direction.

To be fair it's not a plan b as such that's needed in terms of playing style anyway. What's needed is that we find a way of keeping our style but when teams force us wide like Forest did then we don't just go in to doing that when it doesn't suit us. We crossed the ball far too much today when in general we don't and Forest let us do it because they knew it is the best way to defend against us.

The best use of it was the cut back to Saiss.

The best use of it was the cut back to Saiss.

Yeah it was but he wasted that and summed up his and the teams performance as a whole i think. Too many times the crosses are hit in to areas where we know players aren't going to be or just hit the first defender which is pretty poor for a side of our quality but i maintain we shouldn't be crossing the ball as much as we did today.

Yeah it was but he wasted that and summed up his and the teams performance as a whole i think. Too many times the crosses are hit in to areas where we know players aren't going to be or just hit the first defender which is pretty poor for a side of our quality but i maintain we shouldn't be crossing the ball as much as we did today.

Agreed, crossing is good if you're trying to pick somebody out. Aimless crosses are no good to anyone

Disappointing result and sounds like a poor performance but we were bound to have a little blip at some stage and this looks like it. Not overly concerned apart from the possibility that confidence might become an issue due to having such a young team but I'm sure Nuno will sort it out. On the plus side, most of the chasing pack dropped points too, we shouldn't forget the opposition will have rises and falls in form

Very disappointing performance. Forest were obviously very well prepared for this game. Very noticeable in the first half that they were touch-tight to Douglas when we had the ball, but left Doherty in acres of space. Meant that Doc got a lot of balls played to him but his poor crossing meant it amounted to nothing.

We created very little all game. Forest looked pretty good on the ball first half, got their goals and then went 'full-on Karanka' second half. Can't complain at the result in the slightest, my only issue would be the standard of officiating that I thought was poor today

And to think what Batth got sent off for....if only the ref today was stroking his cock for sky tv cameras.

This but I thibk Jinky just wanted to make a snide comment...;)

The wing backs are pivotal to the way we play, they were both off it today. Doherty looked leggy and Douglas just not in tune with the game, a couple of times Saiss played a poor ball in his direction that he wasn't ever going to reach, but failed to read it leading to them breaking. I've said before neither will be good enough next year if we go up, if we can replace now we should. Also long floaty balls to them are very easy on the eye, but have become predictable and easy to defend against. When we were flying we mixed those balls up with incisive passing through the middle or hitting the wide forwards that seems to have gone.

I don't accept that today was 'one of those days' or that Forest 'did a Sunderland' on us, I think that's unfair to them. They came to have a go and had a few reasonable chances before the goal and although the first was a fluke you couldn't say it wasn't coming. We didn't force a save last week and can't remember one this. Something is wrong, it can be fixed, but the last two league games are more than just bad days at the office.

It was nice to see Nuno going for it and with some better delivery from Costa early in the second half it may have paid off, but after 65 minutes you knew it wasn't going to come off. At half time, I would have swapped Coady for Costa and gone 442, although the end product of the latter meant it probably wouldn't have been any more effective.

We could easily have walked away with a 3-0 last weekend - that was one of those days. Two very marginal offside goals, one off the line and Jota somehow spewing one over the bar from two yards.

We could easily have walked away with a 3-0 last weekend - that was one of those days. Two very marginal offside goals, one off the line and Jota somehow spewing one over the bar from two yards.

Add to that... If the referee actually does his job today, they are down to 10 men after about 20 minutes and the game is different

The Costa one was comfortably offside and the only thing we did of note in the first half, the second offside and Jota miss were in a 5 minute spell which was the only real period of pressure we had in the game. We didn't have a shot on target in the whole game.

Back