• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Huddersfield: The Verdict.

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
Feel a bit sick after that.

Huddersfield jinx continues verdict

Lost for words after that

Rant away

Shocking display. Not a player who deserves more than a 5 out of 10. Neves gets a 1, and that's for putting his boots on the correct feet.

I can only come up with one positive from that - and that is that Nuno has now had his hand forced to make some changes from the start v Cardiff.

MGW has to start. God knows what has happened to Moutinho.

Can’t be bothered to summarise the performance from today just yet. Absolute fucking shite.

Well I only managed to watch the second half, but that was not the team I have raved about all season.
We won nothing and created nothing in midfield, and the wall for the free kick was just shocking, never covered the post at all.
Sorry but adamo is just a rapid battering ram, no idea of positioning and has the first touch of a goat.
Impressed by MGW but he had no help whatsoever.
We simply never showed in the middle of the park from the half I saw, and first touch and passing..............nothing need be said.
So onward and upward, shit happens.

Im at a loss for words.

Ill be back after calming down.

Patricio gets a klaxon for a shocking wall. That was basic.

Doherty Boly Moutinho, Neves ,Costa, Raul all had stinkers.

Huddersfield outplayed outfought outhought us in every aspect. Lucky to get nil today.

Unacceptable

After watching that shit show I just can't see where the next win is coming from. Changes are necessary.

Coady, MGW and at a stretch Traore get positives from me..apart from that...nothing, shocking bad game really

Our formation is so set in stone that anybody can counteract it and disrupt it. Watford completely dismantled it now Huddersfield have done the same. Nuno is very slow to change things.

Could be here all night critiquing that and I'm sure a lot of it will be covered. Few minor points though:

-Really, really baffled at playing Traore through the middle. It worked against Arsenal as they were bombing people forward and there was acres of space for him to run into. That was not the case here. Shoving Raul out on the wing, even if he was playing badly as he was today, just seems a waste. Traore still doesn't seem to get it, yet - its only a couple months, and there is plenty of time, but its not exactly encouraging Nuno has to coach him up during the game.

-Speaking of, as important as he has been and as well as he has (mostly) played, I have no earthly idea what Raul was doing with that 1 on 1. No striker worth his salt does what he did there. There's no way on earth we should be paying £30m for a shot-shy no 9, regardless of what system we play.

-The forwards from last year struggling so much makes it seem like we don't have much depth, but we do - unfortunately it seems like none of them are really in form at the moment. Cav was *diabolical* today (and yes I feel it needs the emphasis) when coming in I would've said he was our best option for a goal, attacking-wise. Equally I don't know that the chopping and changing is ever going to let them get into form. It's a difficult one.

-I'd honestly look at bringing in Saiss for Cardiff in place of Moutinho. MGW hasn't let anyone down yet and has been very good generally, but I'm not sure Cardiff's the game for him, just yet.

-I wasn't especially worried or concerned by the run we'd been on because there was no way on earth we deserved to lose the Brighton game and we played pretty well against Arsenal. But, that was as bad as against Watford, if not worse, and a very very similar game. Nuno's generally been pretty good at getting performances after bad results but we could really do with a win on Friday, as Chelsea/Bournemouth/Liverpool in 3 of the next 4 after that is suddenly looking a very ominous run.

Against Watford Huddersfield we didn't look like a premier league side let alone a top 10 one so that needs sorting.

Few notes:

-That's Raul. With the good and the bad of it. He can give the team a win with a screamer at Old Trafford or he can go 10 games without a goal.

-Boly is not good enough.

-Lets hope Neves rumors do not pay their role one his performances from now on.

-Jota needs to start every game and twice on Sundays.

-IMO NES won't manage to stay on the job until the end of the season.

I thought that was bloody awful. Beyond bloody awful. As has been said, very few players emerge with credit. Coady, Vinagre, MGW - and Traore at least made something happen.
But bloody hell, we didn’t look fit and too many players looked like they didn’t care – and Willy Boly I am looking at you there. Neves played like a man who wants to be in Turin and other players – Bennett, Doherty and Costa – looked well short of the required level. As a few teams showed last year, a heavy tackle on Costa early on that’s pretty much game over.
But my biggest criticism has to be directed at Nuno. It’s like he has learned nothing at all from the Watford game and has no plan B whatsoever. I’m so disappointed with that performance that I can’t even be angry. Warnock must be licking his lips…

Doherty couldn’t be arsed to follow his runner for the first goal and that set the tone. None of our players could handle Huddersfield’s team of journeyman runners getting close to them. Our touch and short passIng was beyond crap in the first half. Cav and Costa were beyond fucking awful. Moutinho too.

MGW did well when he came on, he and Traore at least turned with the ball, or controlled it and played it forwards or sideways, rather than going a mile backwards. Coady was assured at the back, and Vinagre did ok both forwards and back, but we can’t keep going with so little from our forwards - we’re on a hiding to nothing when teams can just push into us, because they have nothing to worry about at the other end, and that’s how it was in the first half.

Credit to Nuno for the half time subs, but he has to make changes now - that was very far from good enough.

Disgusting performance. They don't deserve any wages.

WTF was that ? terrible embarrassing game , Nuno has been out managed again ,this is the premiership you need to be flexible ,change the system when a game needs it , rotate your players, have a plan B when plan A is not working ,Nuno seems to not have this mentality , he may have reached his limit ! the team look like they haven't trained or been coached since the last game !! Some real shite individual performances.

It brings to light the lack of quality depth in our squad. 4 defeats from the last 5 games and abysmal performances from most of them today - you’d love to give them a rocket up the arse and take most of them out next week v Cardiff - but the sad facts are, we don’t have the required quality to make wholesale changes.

Out thought by Wagner, he simply put 4 in central midfield and nullified/out fought Neves and moutinho. It not a clever tactic but one that both Watford and now Huddersfield have used to control the game.

Vinagre was ok as was Coady. End.

Back