• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Brighton: Verdict Thread.

Neves will look good in any side and is a much better player than MacAllister.

Guedes is better than Solly March on every level, as is Podence. Sa is better than Sanchez as was shown a number of times.

Lallana and Moutinho are similar. Trossard is as much a centre forward as Hwang.

The main difference is the manager. By a country mile.

He doesn't even look good in ours half the time. He wasn't good today imo. He takes way too long on the ball

Nah, that's bollocks.

Our players man for man are better than Brighton's and De Zerbi has them moving and scoring at will.

Lopetegui, from his Sevilla tactics, likes to operate with a high press and fast movement off the ball.

We will need a CF for his system to work properly but I expect us to have better movement, better defensive position and tactical traps as well as making the best out of the players ability in front of goal.

What we suffer from most of all is having Lg2 level managers at the club for the last 6 months.

A proper, better manager will have us safe and scoring goals.
They aren’t better IMO. We can keep saying these players are good if we want but a ton of evidence says they aren’t.

Plus Brighton have been known as the team who play nice football but don’t score.

They were discussing on the radio the switch to a back 4 where we need full backs but we have only wing backs who were brought in to play that role.
I know Daz said that, but it's bollocks. Semedo, RAN and Jonny were all career full backs when we signed them. Bueno is the only one you'd say has been brought up a wing back and even then I think I'm correct in saying the u23s have played a 4 for the last year. It's not the issue, what we ask them to do without covering it is

WBs who can’t shoot, cross or beat a man and FBs who can’t defend. Maybe they just aren’t very good.

I think I had a nightmare in July about how this season would begin turns out the reality is worse than the nightmare.

WBs who can’t shoot, cross or beat a man and FBs who can’t defend. Maybe they just aren’t very good.
Bueno and RAN can do all that. Jonny used to be able to. We've all seen it.

A good manager will get them doing it more.

Watching a different player to me if you think he's far too slow on the ball and not very good.

He's been out best player this season and looked good again today.

Maybe I have higher expectations from him but I thought he was a 6/10 today max. As he has been for most of this year.

We were heavily linked to Craig Dawson in the last window and people scoffed at him (yes, I appreciate there were better defenders available but it’s where we were thanks to Jeff Shi & Scott Sellars). If we had signed him, I’d be picking him ahead of Kilman right now. Sometimes experience and an older head is actually needed.

Obviously the most sensible thing was to not fuck the club captain & current England international off for the football equivalent of small change found down the back of the sofa. Especially when it was done in favour of keeping a glorified PE teacher in charge.

Hits the nail on the head here, allowing Lage the power to piss off and move on your 3 most experienced CH for him not to adequately replace and then openly not trust his squad.
I sound like a broken record but the damage he has done in less than 18 months will probably take us back to square 1 where we were 5 years ago, and people got unhappy that I compared him to Saunders.

people got unhappy that I compared him to Saunders.

I gave him Lage the benefit of the doubt for far too long, but tbf I'm sure I was the first to note that he looked like Saunders

Of his many issues Lage's biggest one was the players knew he was a patsy by around March and treated him as such. Speculation on my part, but it's probably the biggest reason Beale said no. There will be players who love and those who hate Lopetegui, none of them will think he's a puppet.

I'm repeating myself but individually I'm not arsed about losing Ruddy, Saiss, Boly or Coady. Collectively it was a fuck up done for the wrong reasons

This is for Tony in his moms basement .
Its OK
We play good .
We play well .
We play some nice football.
Shocking

Semedo can do one. Always switches off, drifts inside and never stops a cross. Give the useless prick his notice so I don't have to see his half assed face tempting me to lamp it one please. We must have the two worst right backs in the Premier League, certainly for form anyway.

Kilman wouldn't make a 155 man England squad let alone 55. He's been hopeless as well this season. Nuno was spot on having his doubts - he's alright when the pressure is off, galloping up the field against part timers at Spanish summer camp - in the Premier League he looks painfully ill at ease, turning like an arctic lorry and daydreaming on set pieces.

At least Guedes and Boubacar had good games today. Guedes even before the goal looked to have more intensity, biting into tackles (and injuring himself, conveniently) but credit where due I thought he played well. At the end Boubacar looked like he could still have run a half marathon before wanting his tea, which is handy because he has to do two players' running in midfield. Had a hand in both the goals and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Last edited:
Back