• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Everton: Verdict Thread

It's not ignorance as by his own admission he knows his name isn't Wangi. Could be racist, could be on the wind up, could just not give a shit, could be the onset of dementia or a combination of. What it isn't is ignorance.
I am reasonably articulate but I do find I am increasingly struggling, you might be write about the dementia thing, my son has noticed I can't order many drinks at the bar so he comes with me as I can't remember.

Whatever you think, I know I haven't gpt a racist bone in my body.

Anyway, I'll give it a rest now so you can get back to talking Wolves.

90% of you wrote off Gary - that is a fact. We are playing great football under him - fact. You are rude - fact.

Well most of statement you’ve made is an opinion so can’t be fact. Facts are something like the time, laws of gravity etc
After what happened at Ipswich and Luton performance you absolutely can’t blame anyone for doubting his credentials.
Having the attitude of I told you so is just being captain hindsight.

Hwang-Hee sounds very similar to Wangi when said out loud. In my very humble opinion.

I could totally understand a bit of absent mindedness when typing that out

For what I think it's worth, it's far less offensive than calling him Hwank which, let's be honest, if we're saying spelling someone's name wrong is racist then Hwank does it in a far more offensive way.

Hwang-Hee sounds very similar to Wangi when said out loud. In my very humble opinion.

I could totally understand a bit of absent mindedness when typing that out

For what I think it's worth, it's far less offensive than calling him Hwank which, let's be honest, if we're saying spelling someone's name wrong is racist then Hwank does it in a far more offensive way.
It's racist if you think his name is Hwank, otherwise it's crass and a little juvenile, like Joke, Dendonckey or the new one we had on Wednesday night Bellend

*wakes up*
"Ah let's read TWF as I have my 1st jug of coffee for the day. That will be filled with joy after yesterday and indeed the last 7 days"
giphy.gif

*logs off and throws phone in the bin*

*wakes up*
"Ah let's read TWF as I have my 1st jug of coffee for the day. That will be filled with joy after yesterday and indeed the last 7 days"
View attachment 9175

*logs off and throws phone in the bin*
Did you miss the bit about the admins on here being good…? I thought I’d misread too.

It's not ignorance as by his own admission he knows his name isn't Wangi. Could be racist, could be on the wind up, could just not give a shit, could be the onset of dementia or a combination of. What it isn't is ignorance.
Predictive text, without noticing the auto correction before posting. Having typed wangi previously?
I have history with trying to get the Mrs to pick up a bottle of milf

Shame to see the verdict thread derailed in this way again.

The rest of SWBS’s post was fine, with little/no spelling errors - so he’s obviously made a conscious decision to get Hwang’s name wrong. It’s odd, given he’s been called out on it before - but then having a public trial and calling him “racist” isn’t a great look either.

Anyone referring to Hwang as “Hwank” when he was in that difficult run of form was clearly doing it because they thought he was shit and it was a play on words. Not because they’re racist. Unless anyone who called Dendoncker, “Dendonkey” is also racist?

Maybe we could just get his name right in future to avoid this shite discussion from having to happen again?

Edit: ffs, kids distracted me & it took me ages to type this out so now most of the above has already been said.

Well most of statement you’ve made is an opinion so can’t be fact. Facts are something like the time, laws of gravity etc
After what happened at Ipswich and Luton performance you absolutely can’t blame anyone for doubting his credentials.
Having the attitude of I told you so is just being captain hindsight.
Also, we’ve won 3 in a row which I’m sure everyone is delighted with but it doesn’t suddenly mean everything is rosy and we’re a brilliant side..

I’m hoping we can take bits from the Brentford game and all of yesterday and translate it into something more consistent. If we can we’re onto something good.

What I will say for GON (and I’ve said this a few times already) is that the players are clearly working their bollocks off for him. We have a much more likeable bunch too than just over a year ago.

What I will say for GON (and I’ve said this a few times already) is that the players are clearly working their bollocks off for him. We have a much more likeable bunch too than just over a year ago.
Agreed, the squad isn't hugely different either, only really Podence that wasn't liked and is gone?

They're all just far happier.

Bournemouth reacted well after being beaten by us!

Another team where the fans were no doubt utterly depressed with what was happening and expected a new manager after 11 games
Yep, there were lots of their fans calling for his head. Lad I work with wanted to give him till January but was worried they'd just not got the players.

He's happy as that fella Larry now.

Back