• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

WWE/WWF

The old grey matter has just clicked into gear. Anyone remember "The Berserker".. Totally insane, but Mrs Frank and I laughed at his antics.

Was it the British Bulldog who sadly passed away following an accident in the ring? They really do push their bodies to the extreme.

Owen Hart - he fell from the rafters of the stadium. Bulldog died of an heart attack (even god uses irony).

Loads of them are dead.

Eddie Guerrerro.
Chris Benoit shot all his family and then himself.

I'm sure plenty of the older guys mentioned above have passed away too.

I used to love it, reenacting all the moves at school the morning after. I remember that pre internet the big events like Royal Rumble used to be shown a couple of days after on Sky (prob just when it launched).

But if you wanted to know the results there was premium number that you could ring. Racked up a few pennies on my parents bill. They must have thought I had a 0898 chatline addiction!

Like Jinky haven't really watched it for years although I'm kept up to date with goings on from younger relatives.

Like I said on the Autograph thread met all the mid 90s stars in Birmingham.

Bizarrely as well through a friend of a relative of Codsall boy Darren Matthews (William Regal) I got to meet Stone Cold Steve Austin who accompanied Darren on a flying visit to the area.

My youngest will be attending his 12th consecutive Wrestlemania this year!

Personally I preferred ECW.

Forget Stone Cold and his faux Bud Lite beer spraying. The Sandman wrestled with a few cans in his tracksuit pants.

I've seen Chris Jericho fronting his band 'Fozzy'.

As some have posted a fair few wrestlers have passed away,

The Von Erich (some of you will probably remember 'The Texas Tornado') and Hart families suffering the worst, even Brett Hart had a serious stroke.

Last edited:
Took my daughter to see it at the MEN Arena several years ago, it was cool, In fact 2 cool :)

Loads of them are dead.

Eddie Guerrerro.
Chris Benoit shot all his family and then himself.I'm sure plenty of the older guys mentioned above have passed away too.

Years of steroid abuse will do that to you...

Point of order, Chris Benoit strangled his family, not that there is a difference....

I was a fan of WWF in the 90s, saw it on tour in 94, slapped hands ringside w Macho Man, Mr Perfect, Legion of Doom and Shawn Michaels

Always loved Ultimate Warrior, the was he interrupted Mean Gene during interviews, the way he could never stick to his script, it was no surprise to learn steroids weren't his only vice, he was a big cokehead too.

Heres a great doc for any fans of Ultimate Warrior

Shawn Michaels has left the building.....I also liked Undertaker, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Brett Hart

BTW Wiliam Regal (aka Steven Regal, Lord Steven Regal, Roy Regal et al) was born in Codsall Wood.

Kamala the Ugandan giant.

I know its all fixed, but good entertainment/ I like the Royal Rumble

Kamala the Ugandan giant.

I know its all fixed, but good entertainment/ I like the Royal Rumble

That's exactly it. Some aspects are real - most of it isn't, but it IS entertaining. I'm giving the PPV (which is free on Sky sports this evening) a go - as in I'm recording it, sod staying up til 4am to watch it - some of us have work tomorrow!

It will be interesting to see how it's changed over the years.

Macho Man Randy Savage has died in a car accident. :icon_cry:

Back