• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[Carabao Cup 3rd Rd] Wolves 1-0 Leeds: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A good goal to win it, and I'm sure not the last we'll see from Boubacar given the right playing time. Still looks a prospect.

Last edited:
The draw for the next round is tomorrow night after the Man Utd game btw.

Does this mean Lembikisia starts on Saturday if Jonny is injured?

It was pretty dreadful in the first half and marginally better in the second.

Hopefully this dispels the Ronan can play at this level stuff.

RAN, Neves and Kilman all good. Most of the rest not very good at all.

Lembikissa looks physical and Campbell nervous.

Hwang is such a bad player but never not tries.

Adama can get in the bin, didn't try and was dreadful.

But we won and you can't beat winning.

Never in doubt. We’ll finish 17th, and win the cup. Heard it hear first

Only saw 2nd half, I had a Masons meeting then the wife called me out of our meal because the TV's were fucked.

2nd half looked ok,
Hodge did well, as did Lebiskissa
Ronan not so much
Thought we looked a team with not much confidence, but after the goal you saw the players visibly lift.
Actually thought Hwank did ok not a fan but he lead the line well, never hid, and always tried, worked hard.
Campbell looked a tad short when he came on.

Bit of class from Podence & Boubacar win it in the end. Collins showed good determination to gain possession in the build up to the goal too.

The reality is, that was a very scrappy match between two poor teams. They had one person playing from their league game at the weekend - we had a good 6/7 genuine first teamers start the match, so it's a shame we didn't dominate more. Still a win is a win and all that.

Look forward to waking up tomorrow morning to hear Raul came off the bench to score the winner for Mexico...

Just a bit of a positive note overall that we had midfielders bosting a bollock to get into the box for a change. Hopefully that continues as it will make our full backs jobs easier when they can deliver early.

Back