• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Championship 15/16

Because he isn't that good.

Haven't Brighton signed some Scottish lad from Madrid too?

He's only twenty five but I just don't think there is much more to his game. If he was playing in a Premier League side that created chances I could see his worth, he'd do well for an Everton/Spurs possibly, but if Boro went up Karanka, being the Mourinho disciple he is, isn't going to go and play free flowing football.

Which is why I only said he'd be a 'decent option'. Apart from scoring (and diving for) penalties, being strong in the air and a willingness to put himself about a bit there isn't much else to his game at all but there's always room in a squad for a proven goal scorer.

I suppose, but again brings round to the point, £14m?? If they are prepared to throw that money around fair enough, I'm not sure I'd want us to though

Jack Harper has signed for Brighton from Real today. Vaguely remember reading something about him a year or so ago, the Scotland U19s coach wouldn't pick him for some bullshit "not putting a shift in" reason IIRC.

Ricky Sbragia didn't pick him because he was a luxury and it would impact on results... shocking that he is coaching that age group at such a high level!

Interesting signing though, I look forward to seeing how he develops.

Updated with Jack Harper transfer.

Charlton Athletic (South London Press)

The Addicks are stepping up their interest in Wolves winger James Henry, although the Molineux outfit are demanding more than £500,000 for his services.

An initial enquiry from Guy Luzon was followed up with a bid that that did not meet Wolves' valuation of the wideman, even though he has just 12 months left on his contract.

But Charlton are keen to strike a deal, and so is Henry.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-transfer-gossip-hull-place-9713810

Charlton Athletic (South London Press)

The Addicks are stepping up their interest in Wolves winger James Henry, although the Molineux outfit are demanding more than £500,000 for his services.

An initial enquiry from Guy Luzon was followed up with a bid that that did not meet Wolves' valuation of the wideman, even though he has just 12 months left on his contract.

But Charlton are keen to strike a deal, and so is Henry.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-transfer-gossip-hull-place-9713810

Oh?

I'd prefer we keep Henry. Classy player.

Jason Shackell to Derby for £3million, 3 year deal.

Maenpaa could have been a decent replacement of Timmy K. But that's neither here nor there.

So could mine, but at 58 and with dodgy knees it's also unlikely.

Sounds like we share something...

Now, I'm not saying our father lives a double life, but have you ever seen my dad and your dad in the same room?

Sounds like we share something...

Now, I'm not saying our father lives a double life, but have you ever seen my dad and your dad in the same room?

Now that you mention it...

:icon_eek:

Charlton have signed Zakarya Bergdich and Cristian Cellabos.

Back