• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Claims to Fame

The differences in the English language.

Potted: Something a plant has had done to it or the past tense of a good shot in snooker. As in 'I've just potted the plant dear, now I'm off for a game of snooker'

Pocketed: Fleecing a bookie or the past tense of knocking a pool ball into said pocket. As in 'I had £20 on Spain to win 10-0 against Tahti at odds of 100-1 now I've pocketed £2000 off the bookies, a right fleecing. Now I'm off for a game of pool where I can pocket some balls'.

Pocketed also has the same meaning as the modern trousered.

Played for Wolves U-16's and went to the same school as Gavin Mahon and Ian Ashbee.

Hung up my gloves after Wolves let me go due to a family bereavement that meant playing football wasn't the be all and end all.

Spent a fortune following them ever since.

Double punishment.

I was working on room service at work tonight, doing the VIP amenities before they checked in. Had 3 rooms, all together on the 6th floor, with weird names on their envelopes, Mr Miles Behind, Mr Berty Dastard and Mr Kiefer Thedor. Thought that must be a group on a stag party and carried on.
About 3 hrs later I got an order for over 150 euro for Mr. Behind, pints of Guinness, bottle of Penfolds Shiraz, burgers, club sandwiches etc....
...went up, into the room, and The Script were all chilling in there.
Had a laugh with them about their check in names and congratulated them on their Isle of Wight performance which I watched on tv at the weekend.
Cool fellas, down to earth and the singer Danny even remembered me from their visit back in Dec when I told him all about my failed career in music. Lovely lovely fellas.
A cool celebrity encounter!

But you're failing to mention that The Script are utter dogshit! ;)

Me too. Watched it last night, ironically.

What scenes were you in?

Many to varying degrees but my two finest moments are...

There is a scene where a beautiful Belgian nurse offers chocolate to a handsome member of Easy Company. An awkward looking lanky GI strides purposefully across the screen at the same time. Guess which one was me.

There's also a scene where Donnie Wahlberg leans on my shoulder as he looks out the window of a plane. I've got a mohican and look fucking terrible.

There is a scene where a beautiful Belgian nurse offers chocolate to a handsome member of Easy Company. An awkward looking lanky GI strides purposefully across the screen at the same time. Guess which one was me.

The chocolate?

There's also a scene where Donnie Wahlberg leans on my shoulder as he looks out the window of a plane. I've got a mohican and look fucking terrible.

Bastogne - that's the one I watched! I'll have to play it back again later.

I seem to have a lot of claim to fames!

I met Billy Wright when I was young.

I was in some BT adverts.

I have served William Hague a drink.

Met Adelene Guedioura.

Met Matt Dawson.

Brushed shoulders with Robert Plant.

Slam danced with Steve Lamacq at an Offspring gig.

Bumped into Bully.

Pushed one of Pete Watermans ex-wives into a swimming pool.

Played darts against Cliff Lazerenko and Keith Deller at an exhibition, and against Priestley, Bristow and a few others in a hotel in Doncaster before my cousin got married. We were sharing the hotel with the dart players and my uncle went to Cambridge with Sid Waddell so the two of them arranged the night for us all to get pissed and play before the do. This was just after the split and my dopey brother asked them all where the hell Mike Gregory was!! Eric Bristow put £180 worth of scotch on my dad's room bill, the bastard!

I also played Bob Anderson once in a competitive game in Swindon super-league. It didn't last long

Lost a leg of darts against Wayne Mardle is my claim to fame but this is when he was a good darter instead of a shite pundit.

Also got a bear hug off Chris Jericho at a fozzy concert in Wolvo.

High-dynamic-range imaging (HDRI or HDR) is a set of methods used in imaging and photography to capture a greater dynamic range between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging methods or photographic methods. HDR images can represent more accurately the range of intensity levels found in real scenes, from direct sunlight to faint starlight, and is often captured by way of a plurality of differently exposed pictures of the same subject matter

You're Welcome

Back