• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Claims to Fame

Yep, definitely going Saturday. There's a pub at the ground which usually lets away fans in but that's a shitty lager in a plastic cup affair. I've never actually been anywhere in Livingston apart from Almondvale and the enormous Walmart they've got there so I can't recommend any proper pubs unfortunately.

As the Ashes start today I'll post up a cricket related one.

Last summer I sent in an "Ask the Umpire" question to the TMS team and to my delight they aired the question and discussed it for a couple of minutes. They mentioned my name, my club and Vic Marks, John Holder and Aggers went on to praise my sportsmanship relating to the events surrounding the question.

As the Ashes start today I'll post up a cricket related one.

Last summer I sent in an "Ask the Umpire" question to the TMS team and to my delight they aired the question and discussed it for a couple of minutes. They mentioned my name, my club and Vic Marks, John Holder and Aggers went on to praise my sportsmanship relating to the events surrounding the question.

What was the question and event about Sniffer?

What was the question and event about Sniffer?

Dear TMS Team

I once played in a game (Tutbury v Wilnecote) when a batsmen pulled a fetlock whilst attempting a run. He broke down in the middle of the wicket, no dead ball was called, but as Captain of the fielding team I instructed my players not to run him out. We helped him off the field. Later in the game the same player came out with a runner in the attempt of winning the game for the batting side. I complained on the basis that we could have run him out but the umpire ruled that he was entitled to return to the crease as he was not out.

Was this correct?

I knew the answer but I got the reaction I wanted from the TMS Team who basically said that although the umpire was correct, in the spirit of the game the opposition skipper shouldn't have sent him back out. It lead to a discussion between the TMS team about what would happen if a batsmen died. In essence even if a man was injured in hospital or had died if the ninth wicket was taken with the last ball of a game then a match would be called a draw.

I spent the weekend in the company of the absolute legend that is Ennio Morricone, as he was playing a few outdoor concerts here with his Roma Symphony orchestra. He stayed in the hotel and I got to work the dinner for him and his entourage each night. In fairness, he's very old, 85, and he tires quickly, but he is a gent and thanked me for my patience last night as his entourage arrived at 10:45 and did not leave until 1:45am. His wife Maria was with him and his son Andrea too, both composers in their own right.

Was gonna say he must be getting on a bit now. I hope you got his autograph?

Shame

Ecstasy of Gold is a masterpiece, and not just because Metallica always use it as entry music.

Shame

Ecstasy of Gold is a masterpiece, and not just because Metallica always use it as entry music.

We were in the kitchen listening to it as he sat in the restaurant unaware..... it was actually hard to resist the urge to hum that or whistle the main theme from The good, the bad and the ugly.

I love how Metallica use it, as every time you hear it at a venue you know that Metallica are coming on and shit is about to get real

I'm getting goosebumps just remembering the first time I heard it (outside a spaghetti western) on the Puppets tour...

I am friends with someone that has been on Daybreak, has met Bruce Willis and has been on BBC 3 tonight. I feel privileged because he is an awesome dude.

I was fueling up my car this morning and Gordon Banks was on the opposite side of the pump doing likewise. A small nod was all I could think of to do. :(

I brought David Guetta breakfast to his room this morning. He gave me a nice tip too (fnarr)

Today at work I met M People and they were really really nice.
I met their drummer Shovel a few years back when he was touring with Nightmares on Wax, and he was really friendly today, asking how I'd been keeping etc. Heather Small was lovely too, no airs and graces, happy to talk about their show last night and the tour,.

Back