• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Albeit shit, Atkins served a role in the side whereas we used to collect centre halves, who in the main were unfit for purpose. Thinking of Blades and Hindmarsh amongst others.

Atkins was supposed to fix midfield, Premier League winner that he was.

He did not.

Blades was shit but wasn't obviously a terrible idea before he kicked a ball. All those 10 were for various reasons.

Albeit shit, Atkins served a role in the side whereas we used to collect centre halves, who in the main were unfit for purpose. Thinking of Blades and Hindmarsh amongst others.
My overriding memory of Blades was after conceding he’d throw his arms in air and look around to see who was at fault. He needed a mirror most of the time. Utterly useless!

We did but got nearly all of it back and he wasn't even here six months. And he was a good player everywhere but here. Doesn't get near that lot.

Atkins was a bog standard holding midfielder of his time. He did nothing spectacular but allowed the more skilful Blackburn players to do their job. I think the main issue he had at Wolves was many thought that as a PL winner there would be more to his game and the cupboard was bare.

I didn't think Cutrone fitted how we played at all, coupled with him not being very good and not wanting to be here. But I can see your point.

He didn't really, nearly every goal of his I saw was him getting across the centre half to score from a cross. Ideal for a team that barely crosses and when they do it's looped from the byline.

Has to be a place for, “Freddie, Freddie, Freddie” Eastwood.

The scouting under Jackett was atrocious. We recruited Mason, Rowe, Wallace, Byrne & Saville expecting them to be completely different players to the actual reality.

Wallace was the worst one, you could take 4 quotes from club officials talking about Wallace across the duration of his time at the club and you'd think they were talking about 4 completely different players.

Joe Mason was described by Ken as 'the perfect #10' when we signed him.

Tommy Rowe, the wettest of wet blankets, was recruited to improve our physicality and aerial ability at LB after he happened to score a few headers from set pieces for Peterborough the previous season.

When we signed Nathan Byrne we acknowledged that he wasn't quite ready but we thought that he was such a prodigious talent that if we waited too long we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Saville was apparently a 'tough tackling midfielder'.

Kenny (Jackett) thought they all had the requesite POWER he was after for the team.

Gibbs White nearly killed some poor ballboy with a wayward penalty

Back