• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Thank fuck he didn't get his club to spend nearly £60m on him then

Interesting attempt to deflect where any hostility is aimed at tomorrow…

Not got access to the article. Is he saying that we broke an agreement with him to let him go and that any ire should be directed to those running the club?

Sounds bizarre how you can have a third party in a contract for a transfer. An unwritten agreement I could go a long with but an actual written agreement?

Can put what you like in a contract, doesn't necessarily make it enforceable though.

Well that’s my point. And I’m more getting at the “how” than whether it actually happened. Have Liverpool paid to be in it (how would that even happen), and if they haven’t then it makes no sense. Particularly when it’s clear they didn’t want him, otherwise they’d have signed him instead of the 3 they did.

Sounds bizarre how you can have a third party in a contract for a transfer. An unwritten agreement I could go a long with but an actual written agreement?
Could just be like a release clause - If Liverpool come in with an offer of X then we will allow you to leave. The club could have inserted a further clause stating that they have the right to break the agreement for a sum of Y to be paid to the player?

2 takes from that

1) "With Wolves under pressure to raise funds with the threat of breaching financial rules," - Fuck off

2) Unless the article is just being vague all parts of that transfer was dealt with by Hobbs. No mention of Jeff anywhere. Has he totally removed himself from the the running of the club. Is his return at Ipswich a sign he is not happy. Join me next week in my TinFoil Hat Podcast...

Bonus part
Nunes is twat. After being told a deal could still be done but please act like a professional. He waited an hour and then kicked off and stormed out of the club. Petulant manchild

Alternative bonus - let me find someone else to chuck under the bus with Lop and deflect focus from my crapness

Well that’s my point. And I’m more getting at the “how” than whether it actually happened. Have Liverpool paid to be in it (how would that even happen), and if they haven’t then it makes no sense. Particularly when it’s clear they didn’t want him, otherwise they’d have signed him instead of the 3 they did.
They wanted him last year but the odd way they operate at times meant a deadline was put on when they have what seemed to be the exclusive rights to sign him. Presume when they missed that deadline they did a deal with Jorge, which we were happy to facilitate because its Jorge.
They then watched him last season and when we got an adult in charge of the team we have asked Liverpool to scrap that agreement and they had no problems in agreeing.

Steven Fletcher got his first goal for Wrexham yesterday (last minute equaliser in a 3-3 draw) and Donovan Wilson also got off the mark for Grimsby.

Saw the Millwall vs Swansea goals and saw the home keeper make an absolute ricket...but it's not Sarkic as guess what, he's injured. As durable as tracing paper.

Saw their game vs Burnley and he was dreadful, gave the ball away cheaply so much.

He had a good finish to the season last time but I remember reading Forest fans saying things like 'what a waste of money' as late as Feb/March.

Yeah, he had a good spurt but his numbers as an attacking player were really poor for a long time, especially given the freedom that Forest have always handed him.

Back