• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Horses for The Festival

Murphy

Reaction score
This is simple, just post up horses that you think need watching out for at The Festival in March. No need for explanations or for disagreement, just name the horses, lets see come March how many winners we mention here.

My 4 so far are Tombstone, Cue Card, Solstice Star and Lily Waugh

Buveur Dair, Aux Ptits Soins, Barters Hill and Long Run.

Apache Stronghold, Martello Tower, Pont Alexandre, Sizing John.

Nice one guys, lets keep them coming between now and March. I'll be amazed if we don't hit some winners.

Hard to look past some of Mullins' horses, he seems to always have them primed for March.

Vautour, whichever route he goes. Faugheen I'd expect to bounce back. Un de Sceaux was very impressive this year.

Was also very impressed with Thistlecrack at Newbury a couple of weeks ago.

Definitely scope for some nice priced winners. Adamant that Apache shouldn't be 25/1 for the Ryanair. It'll be game over if Vautour gets rerouted there for whatever reason but the rest are all relatively on a par.

Ttebbob looked classy today.

Still a long way out and will no doubt change my mind a few times between now and then but at the moment

Bellshill (I thought he looked good yesterday), Djakadam, Sizing John and Windsor Park

Sweet on Shaneshill for the JLT and Three Musketeers as a back up.

Tombstone looks a serious piece of flesh wherever he goes, hopefully Neptune.

Calling Triumph horses this time of year is like predicting whether it will snow on Feb 2nd next year but Footpad looks lively and King's Who Dares Wins made me sit up and take notice on Saturday at Doncaster.

No More Heroes hasn't put a foot wrong over fences so far and looking forward to seeing him out again over the festive period.

Expect Mullins to clean up in the new Mares Novice race - Limini's form has been franked over and over and Listen Dear also highly thought of I'm led to believe.

Would agree with Martello Tower for WH, particularly if it comes up soft, although I still fancy Greatrex to get Cole Harden back on the button in March. Think he's a touch overpriced at the moment in what could turn out to be a fairly so-so renewal.

Milsean for the 4 miler?

I'm not going to soil the GC with an ante post bet. Just hoping they all stay safe and sound for what promises to be possibly one of the greatest of them all. Will be a privilege to be there.

Good luck with your bets.

Last edited:
Cole Harden had to have another breathing op over the summer apparently. Sounds like they'll be going in for another before the festival so lightening could strike again but personally think it could be a strong World Hurdle depth wise, even if there are no outstanding candidates.

Aux Ptits Soins, Saphir du Rheu, Zarkandar, Martello Tower, Windsor Park (maybe - could be a CH contender too), Thistlecrack, Cole Harden,Kilcooley, Whisper and Annie Power could end up here again with a run beorehand.

I should also add Shantou Village for the Bartlett.

Would expect Willie to play safe with Annie and give her another pop at the Mares (think Patrick hinted at this in a podcast although that's hardly anything to hang your hat on).

Take your point though. By so-so I was commenting more on the breadth of proven top end quality not its competitiveness. Quite looking forward to the race in fact, particularly if Nicholls can get APS straight.

When you look at the current ante post market for the Ryanair and take out those who will most likely show up elsewhere and those who would be unsuited by the demands of the race anyway doesn't Apache Stronghold at 25/1 seem very generous or am I missing something?

I put up exactly the same thing on the other thread before the jumps got properly underway and then again a week or so ago and I wholeheartedly agree.

Sorry if you picked up previously but I've only just started posting.

Just need to hope that Vautour stays 3 mile in the KG and they don't re-route him to Ryanair to pick up the lesser pot.

Ha ha. Just checked back and you posted identical comments earlier in thread....great minds....

Yours rather than mine by the look of it.

Last edited:
Where is he 25s? I'm only getting 16s.

Back