• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Just had a look and still a few tickets available for Thursday. What are people's thoughts on the £40 price tag? Seems on the steep side?

To see your team in the European knockout stages, under the lights at Molineux?

I'd pay £50 tbh.

Just had a look and still a few tickets available for Thursday. What are people's thoughts on the £40 price tag? Seems on the steep side?

Bargain if we play as well as we have been recently.

Don't get the argument that these tickets are over priced. The comparator for me will be gig tickets, or theatre tickets, or similar. The price range is pretty similar.

I'll always think over £30 is too much but as Bear said, it's a knock out game in a competition that we were always a million miles away from being part of.

The club were fair in the quali and group games so they can have this and any other this season. Our prices will look like a bargain should we go all the way though.

Bargain if we play as well as we have been recently.

Don't get the argument that these tickets are over priced. The comparator for me will be gig tickets, or theatre tickets, or similar. The price range is pretty similar.

Does your favourite band play every week though?

my favourite band depends on time of day, time of year, and millions of other things. The comparison stands I think. Music isn't like football where there is a perception of only having one team. Do you only like one band?

my favourite band depends on time of day, time of year, and millions of other things. The comparison stands I think. Music isn't like football where there is a perception of only having one team. Do you only like one band?

There's just so many S.Korean boy bands to choose from.

How many of the bands that are a level where you're paying more than £40 a ticket are playing so that it results in a gig a week though? I'd guess not many! I do plenty of gigs ticket prices range from £6 to £65 (the last two I brought were £11 and £20) but its only the very big acts that are charging anywhere near above £30, those gigs come around once or twice a year.

Added to this a concert will usually consist of minimum 2 live bands and around 3 hours worth of live music (often where its the more expensive concerts you mention it'll be at least 3 bands and 4 hours of live music).

There is no real comparison but if there was at least compare like for like. You can't compare a round of 32 game to a big £50+ type concert, A final / Semi final yes would be closer. A round of 32 Europa game is around the same level as a Premier League game....ie pretty regular equilivant to say a Civic Hall/Birmingham Academy gig which are priced what around £20-£35 (but you get double the length of entertainment for).

You say music isn't like football....your right so why try to compare the two in the first place.

Outy of interest I just worked out the average concert ticket price for the 5 gigs I have tickets for. Its £24.50.

It’s knockout European football. Post Christmas knock out football at that. To price it at category B is about as good as it will get.

IF we progress I would expect category A for subsequent rounds TBH.

I know it's a bit apples and oranges, but relative to NFL and college football prices here £40 is absolute pennies.

I get the whole sentimental side, I really do. And they’ll sell out, so it’s irrelevant really. I was just a bit surprised when I logged on to the website earlier. Was expecting closer to £30. Wasn’t really a complaint, just a few pals who support other teams in Europe thought it was on the steep side when I spoke to them about it. No idea how much other clubs charge for Europa League tickets, mind.

I get the whole sentimental side, I really do. And they’ll sell out, so it’s irrelevant really. I was just a bit surprised when I logged on to the website earlier. Was expecting closer to £30. Wasn’t really a complaint, just a few pals who support other teams in Europe thought it was on the steep side when I spoke to them about it. No idea how much other clubs charge for Europa League tickets, mind.

I guess if clubs are in Europe every season, after a while they have to be a bit more careful with the pricing (probably not Man Utd though, who no doubt charge £60 and make you buy a half and half scarf). Its our 1st season back, so the club will take advantage of what is a bonus income stream.

The club have been more than fair with ticket prices up to now (particularly the 3 game block for the group stage) so have no problem paying a bit more now.

There is a need for them to get what they can financially from this as there is no guarantee that we get back there next year (though there are possibilities) - not as if they have really ripped us off.

Looks like Arsenal have sold out (yeah, right...). On the ticket exchanges, cheapest I can see for their game at home to Olympiacos is £55.

Back