• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I know. That's why it seems weird that it's not the 5.55 kick off.

Taking into account (for some stupid reason...well tv, so as I say stupid reason) they have to kick off at 5.55 (7.55 Greek time) or 8pm (10pm Greek time) surely anyone with a brain cell would have put it the other way round!

Well thats a pita, gunna have to book half day holiday and I've only got 3 days left

Decentish draw - not bad & not great (though ideally wanted FC Copenhagen as could have combined that with a weekend visiting my sister who lives in the main lump of Denmark). At least draw the away leg & we will do them at home in the return fixture.

Agree that kick off times are odd given the other options available not that it affects me in my situation, merely dictates what time I set off from here, but sorry for those at work who it will give problems to.

Hotel is booked for the home game

i;m going to see if i can go to the home leg, a 5:55 kickoff means i'll be able to get back home at a reasonable hour

A 1/2 day off work and potential afternoon on the lash doesn't sound too bad! :)

I had hoped for Seville - there is a parachute club nearby where I have some outstanding credit... maybe in the next leg.

How hard is it to get away tickets when you dont have loyalty points?

My excuse is that I live in Norway...... I know, not good enough, but still, life is life (Na nana nana)

Would also be nice to knock out a strong contender so no-one can say we had an easy run.....

I had hoped for Seville - there is a parachute club nearby where I have some outstanding credit... maybe in the next leg.

My excuse is that I live in Norway...... I know, not good enough, but still, life is life (Na nana nana)

It would be impossible for this one. Should be around 1600 away tickets in Athens and it would be absolute folly to go in the home ends. Guaranteed kicking. I doubt it will go below 1130 points and that is being optimistic.

It would be impossible for this one. Should be around 1600 away tickets in Athens and it would be absolute folly to go in the home ends. Guaranteed kicking. I doubt it will go below 1130 points and that is being optimistic.
I'm not 100% confident on 1200.

Still booked my flights though. These are the types of games that we dreamed of when we were stood in the pub last season talking about the possibility of Europe and which teams we wanted to play.

Wolves. L'Amour Toujours.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Welp, all in.

Flights to UK booked. João might join too afterall.

See you in less than a month!

if anyone wants Athens info let me know.
lots of good cheap hotels in city centre around the acropolis and prices around 35/50 euros for two nights, if you are travelling together they have dorm rooms for up to ten people coming in at around 25/35 euros for two nights.
best areas to look Monastiraki and plaka, where all the bars and tavernas are and right behing the acrpolis at Anofiotika. absolutely central and with the metro for the olympiacos stadium (Kareskaki) within 1K of the whole area.
Athens is a mega tourist city all year round and while the greeks are probably the friendliest , most generous people you will ever meet, Athens has it;s pickpockets, and they are fucking good at it, so valuables passports etc hidden away at all times, including phones and if you are out with a bag (shoulder bag, bum bag, keep it on you at all times, shoulder bags strap around your neck, bag in front where you can see it. like i said these [ickpockets are good. I will also tell you areas to avoid after dark too so let me know.
metro and buses direct from the airport to central athens around 10 euros and run every few minutes, get off at Sintagma and you are 1K from the acropoils and the areas i mentioned. The police are ok unless you are a numpty and try to fuck with them.

I'm in the same boat!

But there will be a lot of people missing the game due to the weird time, I guess. Tickets shouldn't be an issue, I hope!
Hoping someone somehow sorts you out mate!

excellent opus reference sir. The pedant in me must point out it's actually live is life, but I still tip my hat to you.

if anyone wants Athens info let me know.
lots of good cheap hotels in city centre around the acropolis and prices around 35/50 euros for two nights, if you are travelling together they have dorm rooms for up to ten people coming in at around 25/35 euros for two nights.
best areas to look Monastiraki and plaka, where all the bars and tavernas are and right behing the acrpolis at Anofiotika. absolutely central and with the metro for the olympiacos stadium (Kareskaki) within 1K of the whole area.
Athens is a mega tourist city all year round and while the greeks are probably the friendliest , most generous people you will ever meet, Athens has it;s pickpockets, and they are fucking good at it, so valuables passports etc hidden away at all times, including phones and if you are out with a bag (shoulder bag, bum bag, keep it on you at all times, shoulder bags strap around your neck, bag in front where you can see it. like i said these [ickpockets are good. I will also tell you areas to avoid after dark too so let me know.
metro and buses direct from the airport to central athens around 10 euros and run every few minutes, get off at Sintagma and you are 1K from the acropoils and the areas i mentioned. The police are ok unless you are a numpty and try to fuck with them.
Cheers for the info Pavlos, just booked my flights.

Can attest to the quality of European pickpockets, one took my phone on Wednesday night and I didn't even realize he'd done it until he walked away. Had to chase him down the street and lamp him before he'd give it back.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Finish playing in Athens midnight Thursday
Kick off against WHU 2pm Sunday.
Seems more than fair to me...

Back