• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Stay off twitter for a bit if you value your sanity. Everyone's leaving, world's ending, back to league 1 we go

Judging by some of the comments on Twitter it looks like the Conference North, sadly. Jimenez has already gone to Man Utd, Neves to Liverpool and Adama wishes he never left Villa Park...

I hope we get through v Olympiakos . After that it’s all a one off so anything can happen and we are good enough to beat anyone on our day or lose to anyone if we are on an off day!

Realistically 9 or 10 of our starting 11 need to be at the top of their game for four consecutive matches. If they are anything is possible with a little luck and skill. No team left in the competition wants to play is so we have that! Get to the next round and it’s a coin toss

Olympiakos and Sevilla have qualified for Champions League, Roma Europa... Man Utd have qualified for Champions League As have Inter so I’d say that we have the most to play for in regards to possible opponents (apart from the glory of winning the competition) so is that good pressure for us or pressure off the other teams?

Hmmm. Could be argued both ways. They have a second string to their respective bows, we are in the last chance saloon.

No Smalling for Roma it appears - bit of a blow for them

Are Juventus being linked with every player in Europe this summer?

I heard they need to sell Rugani before they are able to sign anyone...

Saw this in the pub tonight. Sums up how far we've come.
ec0bebe6d0e78287378445d067c394cb.jpg

For some reason Europa league will have subs benches of 12 players starting on Thursday.

For some reason Europa league will have subs benches of 12 players starting on Thursday.

Its what they normally do for the Final. Essentially giving you access to the majority if not all of your squad (certainly all you A list players). I guess they are doing it as the games are close together and to help teams manager their squads better.

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1290650562162302977?s=20

Doherty and Coady were booked in the away leg so could still be suspended?

Were yellow cards wiped after the Group Stages?

If not, 3 gets you a ban and we have had the following

Raul - 3 (suspended and reading up on these reminded how much Raul tried to get that yellow so he would miss the Besiktas dead rubber game)
Boly - 2
Kilman - 2
Jonny, Donck, Mout, MGW, Adama, Doc, Coady & Neto - 1

Jota got 2 in one game so I presume as he has been suspended he is back to zero and Cutrone got 1 as well.

So if not wiped, only Boly at risk.

I am growing my fingernails for Thursday as I think I will be gnawing at them for at least 90 minutes may be longer. I can see Olympiakos scoring. As long as we score more that's not a problem is it?:icon_smile:

Back