• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Doherty is both unique and damn lucky in equal measure. He's a career wank full back who has lucked out on a manager who has a formation who he fits into like a glove, but does that role fantastically. TAA is the only right/wing back in the PL I'd swap him for.

He is incredibly reliable as well. He can be counted on to run for 95 mins two times a week, rarely injured or suspended. Like Coady you always know what you get, and while both have their flaws that gives a very solid base to do our thing week in week out.

I'd have TAA in any position. Behind KDB he's the second best player in the leagye imo

Think TAA has still got a lot of improvement in the defensive side of his game before he can be considered to be that good given the position he play but he's obviously talented.

He was fucking terrible last time I went to match tbf, and for pretty much the entirity of the time I had a season ticket. The suggestion that he's easily upgradable is nonsense of the highest order though. He's been one of best players for two and half years. There's certainly not another player like him in the Premier League

R.Pereira minus the heading/height

Interesting (or not) stuff here:

EM4Im-zX0AAxAAM

Basically Donck was giving us not a lot going forward in midfield. But he really helps us build from the back when he's at centre half.

I say leave him there, he makes a few errors but he gives us so much more on balance.

So buy a midfielder rather than a centre half.

Donk was played largely out of position though in midfield. Would be more at home in a 2 in the current system. He’s no Moutinho or Neves with the ball, but he would be more than capable of playing there and offers things that they don’t in terms of mobility and physicality.

We’re not going to be able to improve the 11 in midfield but we could at the back.

He was a lot more effective at CM last season, but I agree with the overall sentiment - keep him at RCB, he looks great there and buy a more mobile midfielder.

Interesting (or not) stuff here:

EM4Im-zX0AAxAAM

Basically Donck was giving us not a lot going forward in midfield. But he really helps us build from the back when he's at centre half.

I say leave him there, he makes a few errors but he gives us so much more on balance.

So buy a midfielder rather than a centre half.

I'd certainly agree with that

I thought having Bennett at RCB in games where we needed to make the running limited us, great defensively but not so great going forward. Donck gives us more with the ball.

Id agree with leaving him there unless we can find a top notch ball playing centre back.

He certainly got into the box plenty playing in CM but he didn't get that many goals or assists. So I guess he offers better building from the back and a threat at set-pieces.

On the comms i was watching last night they were saying we initially bought Donk as a CB, Dont know what truth is in that.

He played there in the League Cup vs Sheff Wed and Leicester which were his only starts until....a year ago tomorrow. Looked good against Leicester too.

But really I don't think we knew. He wasn't ready to play when he got here, he had to learn how we played, we had to see how Benno went. We were still fiddling around with the formation this time last year and he just sort of worked in midfield.

It's working out well anyway. Effectively playing with a 3CM defence has a lot of advantages and works very well for us.

Hoping we have a left footed player lined up, we could really use an alternative at corners and free kicks. Just watched the Bristol City highlights from 2 years ago (feels a lifetime ago) and we have never really replaced Douglas’s utter quality of delivery.

Hoping we have a left footed player lined up, we could really use an alternative at corners and free kicks. Just watched the Bristol City highlights from 2 years ago (feels a lifetime ago) and we have never really replaced Douglas’s utter quality of delivery.

Watched the same highlights over Xmas. And thought exactly the same

Says it all that we are playing midfielders and rookies ahead of him. Its not worked out, that Euro game he came on it scared me every time the ball went to him

Whatever the question was then he wasn't the answer - the fact that Kilman (who was playing non league not that long ago) gives us fewer heart palpitations when included in the team says everything

To the suprise of no one it looks like Vallejo will be going back

https://en.as.com/en/2019/12/30/football/1577712332_907025.html

You win some, you lose some. He was highly rated before he came here, but it’s obvious to everyone that he has no future either here or at RM.

As for Cutrone, I don’t think you can stand in his way if he’s not happy and wants to play football. He’s got potential but in terms of how he fits in to our system, I’m not sure how we get him in. Maybe he’s a tad homesick?

It's good that Nuno / the club are prepared to admit they get things wrong. Vallejo and Cutrone haven't worked out and club are cutting their loses and allowing everyone to move.

Some other managers would have been more stubborn and played them even though it clearly wasn't really working

You win some, you lose some. He was highly rated before he came here, but it’s obvious to everyone that he has no future either here or at RM.

As for Cutrone, I don’t think you can stand in his way if he’s not happy and wants to play football. He’s got potential but in terms of how he fits in to our system, I’m not sure how we get him in. Maybe he’s a tad homesick?

He's not allowed to be homesick, he gets paid lots of money...

Back