• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January Departures

I would think Thelwell rates Evans - He signed him for the Development Squad.

I would think Thelwell rates Evans - He signed him for the Development Squad.

Likewise Thelwell would also be partly responsible for lessor players such as Saville and Coady who blocked Evans opportunity within the first team squad.

I think you are reading far FAR too much into it.

There is nothing to suggest we have any interest in Clough. There is nothing to suggest we want to sell Evans.

Apart from that, it looks solid.

I think you are reading far FAR too much into it.

There is nothing to suggest we have any interest in Clough. There is nothing to suggest we want to sell Evans.

Apart from that, it looks solid.

Aren't you aware its a post fact era. So we run with it.

The latest rumour is Wolves are in for a couple of Brentford players, why let facts get in the way of a good story.

Likewise Thelwell would also be partly responsible for lessor players such as Saville and Coady who blocked Evans opportunity within the first team squad.
Evans had pushed Saville out of the starting XI this season before he got injured. Both were sent out on loan last season.

I daresay Evans is highly rated by Thelwell.

Keep: Iorfa, Costa, Saiss, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare, Graham, Zyro, Burgoyne, Williamson subject to fitness, Edwards as squad player

On notice (ie seriously step up between now and May or fuck off): Ikeme, Hause, Batth, Price, Evans, Oniangue, Teixeira, Mason, Dicko, Bodvarsson

Go away: Lonergan, Doherty, Silvio, Borthwick-Jackson, Ebanks-Landell, Stearman, Saville, Coady, Wallace, John, Henry, Gladon

Shame about Silvio and CBJ but we need to stop fucking about at LB and fix it properly, that situation sickens me.

Doherty will stay, in your heart of hearts you know it to. Stearman probably stays to as he fitrs Lambert's British with championship experience. Unfortunately you can add Coady to the list. I think Iorfa will leave us. Villa still like him I believe.The rest on your go away list should do that. Lambert clearly and rightly has no faith in Lonergan who really missed an opportunity to do a Hahnemann here. More fool him.

I know he'll stay (for now at least) but serious teams at this level don't have players like that anywhere near the first XI.

I can see Saville, Henry and Wallace loaned to League One. The latter we may sell, I don't see anyone covering the wages of the former two permanently. EEL will make his deal permanent and Gladon will go back to Holland on loan. CBJ we know is going back, it wouldn't surprise me to see Tex go back too, he didn't even make the bench on Saturday. I could see Iorfa being sold, as I've said before I think this year is more than just lost confidence, I think we'll get what we can from a bottom half PL club. Assuming all the above, I'd like a starting left back, right back, centre half and centre forward as priorities.

I know he'll stay (for now at least) but serious teams at this level don't have players like that anywhere near the first XI.

Agreed. If and its a big if,he were to stay I would like to see how he performs in midfield. His defensive frailties are clear but then he can attack can score and has created. That's more than Coady already.

I can see Saville, Henry and Wallace loaned to League One. The latter we may sell, I don't see anyone covering the wages of the former two permanently. EEL will make his deal permanent and Gladon will go back to Holland on loan. CBJ we know is going back, it wouldn't surprise me to see Tex go back too, he didn't even make the bench on Saturday. I could see Iorfa being sold, as I've said before I think this year is more than just lost confidence, I think we'll get what we can from a bottom half PL club. Assuming all the above, I'd like a starting left back, right back, centre half and centre forward as priorities.

Plus a goalkeeper. We can't persist with the ones we have . Proven to be not good enough

I'm OK with Ikeme for the rest of this season. This year he's been what he is an average Championship keeper. We haven't had players performing at average Championship level in the positions I said, so I'd prioritise these

Some people think we will do a lot of business in January. I don't, although it's difficult to gauge this year because of the change to the Loan system.

Lambert hasn't had chance to see everybody yet, or so he said last week, so I don't think there will be many departures.

What is John's injury? I'd be a bit sad to see him returned before we have a chance to put him, Cav, and Costa in same XI.

What is John's injury? I'd be a bit sad to see him returned before we have a chance to put him, Cav, and Costa in same XI.
Don't forget Graham isn't far off now, I would want that spot on the bench for him ideally. It is a shame he hasn't featured but it seems he isn't really very good anyway so we wont be losing much.

If we get desperate we could always raid the church and get Helan.

I'm OK with Ikeme for the rest of this season. This year he's been what he is an average Championship keeper. We haven't had players performing at average Championship level in the positions I said, so I'd prioritise these
Agree with this as much as I don't rate Ikeme there are far worse players that need replacing as a priority. I just hope we can improve enough so the likes of Costa will want to stay, for that to happen I think we need to show that we can make a serious push next year. Its a big window for us I hope Thelwell doesn't mess it up.

Agree with this as much as I don't rate Ikeme there are far worse players that need replacing as a priority. I just hope we can improve enough so the likes of Costa will want to stay, for that to happen I think we need to show that we can make a serious push next year. Its a big window for us I hope Thelwell doesn't mess it up.

According to Birmingham Mail, Prince may be on the exit list.

Back