• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
As much as I abhor the kind of football that we are producing at the moment, I think we have to bear in mind that where we are now, league positionwise is where we have been on average for a long long time. Mid table championship mediocrity, with brief unsuccessful flirtations with the top flight. Jackett needs to go, we have a very young squad, and some serious potential, bring a manager in to install some discipline, some structure, some pattern, plus one or two experienced journeyman pros and I think we can go far. Jackett has done ok but I think he has took us as far he can, this is his level. Nigel Pearson is the man for me.
What I'm trying to say is, we've got some good potential, some raw talent, it just needs harnessing and (it's easy for me to say because I'm not paying good money to watch it every week) don't get too downhearted lads.

Moley moley Alex won't get the sack from
Norwich this year even if they get relegated unless there's a complete collapse.

My vote has now sadly changed. Sorry Kenny you have done a great job of clearing up what Saunders left, but time has caught up and that's your lot.

Enough is Enough

I've held back for as long as I can but todays game is the final straw.

KJ has lost it. He is over thinking games and trying to produce something different or spectacular every game. He needs to select players consistently and play them in the position they are best in.

Every game there are unforced changes. We have the players to do better and with one or two additions can achieve more, however, they are young and not experienced enough to play a different way every game.

We need a manager that realises he is making the mistakes and own up to them. Blaming youngsters is poor management. Time to say Farewell Kenny, thanks for the last 2 seasons but you have reached your limit.

I haven't seen any justification in keeping him for weeks. I have no idea how people can still have any now. It's baffling

Well certainly not looking forward to boxing day, that's gonna be a real vipers nest. I can't imagine there is going to be such a restrained Molinuex towards Kenny if we lose again.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Goodbye Kenny, thank you for League one but its time to go!

He's making it bloody difficult to stick up for him now.

Terrible result today - not seen any of the game but it suggests we wilted after conceding - again. Simply not good enough.

I can't ask him to leave, it's Christmas and he is a decent chap who did a lot for us.
Kenny, do the decent thing mate. Say thank you to Morgan and Moxey for taking away your most experienced player and captain and leaving us in the shit.
You deserved better mate. The South Bank stayed with you. God bless you and your family. Good luck for the future.

Not sure how anyone can defend him now - the defence has only had Stearman removed (& he's not the greatest player to have graced this league) yet appears to have not met before they step on the pitch.

We have (at the moment), possibly the best forward in the championship in Afobe (though maybe not after the January window) though that's somewhat irrelevant if we cannot stop the opposition from scoring, which apparently we can't at present.

I certainly think some of the players should hang their heads in shame - a lot of disinterest seems to have set in.

Ultimately of course, it's the manager who has to shake that out of them but KJ hasn't been helped at all. I think a lot of the issues are mental ones. These players are far better than the table and current form suggest.

I certainly think some of the players should hang their heads in shame - a lot of disinterest seems to have set in.

Ultimately of course, it's the manager who has to shake that out of them but KJ hasn't been helped at all. I think a lot of the issues are mental ones. These players are far better than the table and current form suggest.

I'm not sure if it's disinterest. Just sheer panic and hopelessness. Too many players out there who don't have a drop of composure.

If the club goes for anyone to replace Jackett, it'll be someone who has a Rowett-like profile (but I don't actually think we'd be able to tempt Rowett). The club is institutionally biased toward trying to find undervalued prospects and making the most of them on the pitch / developing them from a young age, and I'd argue that's also characterised the profiles of the managerial choices since the time of Mick.

Solbakken was a bright prospect who had had a dodgy single season at a club with all kinds of other troubles so was looking for somewhere to repair his reputation, and at first glance looked like a bit of a coup. Saunders had a rep (as undeserved as it was) among the old boy's network of English football as a guy who could cobble together a winning team from dispirited squad members and free transfers. And Jackett's two previous clubs were just like Wolves when he joined, with bad morale and a much-needed renovation to get back on track (plus it didn't hurt that he was available without a compensation fee to Millwall).

The club might go for a Holloway or Pearson figure, but I'd guess they'll find someone just like Jackett from the lower leagues with a history of a) building teams on small transfer budgets, b) working with youth, and c) motivating existing players. The fact that the club is for sale just makes those factors even more pertinent, I think. I don't think there would be financial worries when it comes to affording compensation to another club - it would be cheaper to spend money on a new manager than the cost to Morgan of the club's value dropping on relegation, for one - and we are a decent prospect to lots of managers wanting to prove themselves on a bigger stage, just I worry that there aren't any outstanding candidates out there that fit the club's M-O. We've missed out on figures like Rowett or Hasselbank for now, IMO.

Back