• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United (H) build up 17/12

Happier times.

What a game.

Was brilliant, being right at the front of the South Bank for that game was truly unbelievable. Stunning atmosphere.

Maybe it's just from seeing that, but I feel like we're due for something crackers. A wild 2-2, and more questions than answers for Kenny.

I like the OP team

But Afobe needs to be told he is a striker and to stay up top

Point of order, Edwards is on four goals, not five. And he punched one of them in.

This will be my first home game since Brentford, so let's hope it's a good one and I can get excited about going again.

His interview would lead me to believe we are playing really good football, and unlucky the results are not going our way.

If you were being really charitable, you'd say more often than not you'd win the MK Dons game given they rarely got out of their own half, you'd get a lucky deflected goal or whatever. And we should have won against Forest, if EEL nods a second in with a free header then it's game over. That would have given us three straight wins.

The reality is we're hamstrung by his tactics, we've played three crap teams in a row and we haven't created nearly enough against any of them. He really is deluding himself. Similarly in the video he talks about the system not changing from last season and that we've played two up front this season (bit of a leading question, but he goes along with it).

1) We scored more or less two goals a game last season after Afobe's arrival. We did not play 4-2-3-1, Afobe did not play deeper, I wish he wouldn't pretend that was the case. It was 4-4-2 and effectively 4-3-3 a lot of the time as Sako more or less played as a wide forward rather than a winger.

2) We have not tried two up front this season. Not once. When we've played what should be two strikers, Afobe has always been miscast as a deep lying centre forward, deeper than where Edwards plays now. We have not played two strikers, not for any time of any game in the entire season.

Easy for me - two options:

Start with

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

Price McDonald

Byrne Wallace Graham

Afobe​

Change to (if the former isn't working)

Ikeme

Byrne Price McDonald Graham

Afobe Alfie​

Easy for me - two options:

Start with

Ikeme

Price McDonald

Byrne Wallace Graham

Afobe​

Change to (if the former isn't working)

Ikeme

Byrne Price McDonald Graham

Afobe Alfie​

The Edwards debate will continue to rage on. Either of these teams should be capable of beating Leeds however we all know Dangerous Dave will start and Afobe MAY get a chance from the bench. Unchanged again, a draw again, adrift again

Will I be able to just turn up tomorrow night and get a ticket at the ticket office?

I predict a close 2-1 win for The Wolves. Munro and Dougan to score, with Bremner for them.

2-0 to the good guys. Afobe brace, and Edwards with both goals.

Siggy on the bench tonight ?

Back