• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

Rajiv Van Persie (Huddersfield) - Left on the bench. Clearly setting the world alight up north.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Back in the team to help them beat Scunthorpe 1-0. Unlucky not to score with a 'rasping' drive tipped over the bar.

Tommy Rowe (Doncaster) - Played the full game in a 2-2 draw at Rochdale. Seems to be a fixture in the team without really doing much. Had a 25 yard drive saved.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - Back in the team in a 1-1 draw at Accrington but did nothing worthy of mention. Subbed wih 5 minutes left.

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Helped his team moved 5 points clear at the top, beating promotion rivals Grimsby 3-1. Made one notable save with his feet.

Liam McAlinden (Crawley Town) - Missed the game with an injury picked up in the previous match.

What is this obsession with calling Van La Parra Van Persie? It's really tedious.

I copy and paste the names from the previous matches and forgot to change it from a few weeks ago. To call it an obsession is a bit weird.

I'll make sure I change it for the next time though if it's keeping you awake at night.

No just wondered why is all. I thought you had some weird hatred for him or something.

RVLP (Huddersfield) - Started today after a cameo appearance during the week and earned praise from Wagner for a very good display. Seemed to be the focus of many of Huddersfield's attacks, even helping out defensively for which he earned a booking. Like at Brighton, I suspect he's able to put on a show when he wants to. Subbed after 70 mins, maybe due to lack of match fitness.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Another 90 minutes to help Bradford win their sixth game in seven. Put the keeper under pressure for the only goal of the game, had a long-range volley saved and an attempted chip float wide. Also booked.

Tommy Rowe (Doncaster) - Played the full game and hit a couple of 'raspers' that were off target but couldn't help but see Donny lose 1-0 at Bury, courtesy of a Big Leon strike. Looks like Donny are down now; could he be playing in League Two next season?

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - Unused sub today.

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 win. Nothing to do other than an easy save. Cheltenham now only need 4 points for promotion.

Liam McAlinden (Crawley Town) - Still out injured. Probably for the best as Crawley were smashed 5-1 at home.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - Played the full game as Corby lost 3-2 at home to FC United of Manchester.

Ashley Carter (Tamworth) - Unused sub.

Last edited:
From the weekend and last night;

RVLP (Huddersfield) - A full game in a 2-0 win away to Blackburn and nearly an hour last night before being subbed.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played two full games as Bradford virtually kissed goodbye to any hopes of auto promotion with a defeat and a draw. Booked in the first game.

Tommy Rowe (Donny) - Grabbed the opener away at Chesterfield last night, converting a corner from close range, but the game finised 1-1. Also played the full game in a fine 3-1 win over leaders Wigan, giving Donny an outside chance of survival.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - SAT: Played 65 minutes in a goal-less draw. LAST NIGHT: Played the full game and scored his first goal (a fine effort from 20 yards) for Cambridge in a 7-0 crushing of Morecambe. Also had a shot tipped onto the bar.

Liam McAlinden
(Crawley Town) - Still injured for both games

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Kept a clean sheet as Cheltenham clinch promotion with a 2-0 win. Good experience for him.

Ashley Carter
(Tamworth) - Played the full game in a 3-1 win at the weekend.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - Full game as his team drew at Stockport on Saturday.

RVLP (Huddersfield) - Subbed just before the hour and failed to make much of an impact against the Bluenoses.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Another full game and a 'vibrant' performance as Bradford crushed Walsall 4-0. Appears to be showing more attacking intent, with two shots saved by the 'keeper.

Tommy Rowe (Donny) - A full game and another goal in what sounds like a MOTM display in a home win over Coventry. Nodded in a corner for his goal and seemed to be involved in most of Doncaster's attacking moves. A real chance of survival now for Donny. Described as 'a quality player who is enjoying his football again' by Darren Ferguson. That's because he's probably found his level, Daz.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - Played the full game in a win at Notts County and seemed to be involved in a lot of attacking play, including winning the corner for the winner and having a couple of shots saved.

Liam McAlinden (Crawley Town) - Missed a fourth game through injury.

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Another clean sheet kept in a 1-0 win at Macclesfield.

Ashley Carter (Tamworth) - Played another full game in a draw at home to Lowestoft.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - Played again in a 3-0 defeat at home to Stalybridge.

We need Evans back here. Always preferred him to the crap infesting our midfield. But no, we have to put up with Coady, Saville and Jack "nice beard" Price.

Evans scores for Bradford

Tommy Rowe with this third goal in as many games :icon_lol:

I was actually at Crewe v Doncaster today, so I had the privilege of seeing Tommy Rowe in action.

Him and James Coppinger were the only two for Doncaster who looked vaguely like professional footballers. Absolutely nowhere near the standard required for us though, having said that, we all knew that already.

RVLP (Huddersfield) - Subbed again, this time at half-time, after failing to make an impact as The Terriers got smashed 4-0 at Bristol City.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Continued his impressive form by grabbing the only goal of the game to seal Bradford's place in the play-offs. A 20 yard beauty curled into the corner earned them the win. I really hope we give him a chance next season but will he want to come back if the Bantams achieve promotion?

Tommy Rowe (Donny) - A third goal in as many games for Donny's star player but not enough to prevent a 3-1 defeat at Crewe which pretty much confirms their relegation. Goal was a deflected 20 yard strike and he sounded like their most dangerous player in fairness.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - A full game and two assists in two minutes. for Zele who is certainly blowing hot and cold at the moment. This sounded like a fine performance on the right wing for the lad and he's also taking some free-kicks now.

Liam McAlinden (Crawley Town) - A first start in a few games but made little impression and was subbed after 54 minutes in a 3-0 defeat at Dagenham.

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Another win for Cheltenham. Flatt made a great double save and even took part in a bus-top parade later on. Make the most of it, kid, it'll probably be the last one of those you'll see for a while.

Ashley Carter (Tamworth) - Played another full game in a loss at Brackley Town and picked up a booking.

Ben O'Hanlon
(Corby Town) - Another full game for Corby in a 5-0 loss at Harrogate.

I look forward to watching him sit on the bench all next season as Coady, Edwards and Henry pollute the central positions in our midfield...

Not really the right thread, but fits with the players getting a game ahead of others theme. I will be interested to see what Jacobs does at Wigan in the Championship next year

Not really the right thread, but fits with the players getting a game ahead of others theme. I will be interested to see what Jacobs does at Wigan in the Championship next year

Should enable us to see if Kenny Jackett's judgment stands up. I expect Jacobs to have a fine season.

I've mostly been underwhelmed by Evans in the past, but if he has improved his fitness and attitude at Bradford, then I would be happy to see him back here and given a chance next season....we really need some quality at CM.

Back