• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

An experienced player wouldn't have done that though surely? It was a silly thing to do.

Yeah, it was daft. I wouldn't say it directly contributed towards us conceding that goal though.

I also think it's been a bit overblown that he fell out with Ken, I don't think that was a motivating factor behind him going out on loan. You would think if we stuck with 4-3-3 (which we now don't seem likely to do...given the manager has decided we need two up front or Mason can't play) then a three of Saville-Evans-Price gives you a nice balance. One runner who gets a decent number of goals, one passer and one defensive player who can also help us play from the back.

Saville - Evans - Price is the way I'd go as well and I'd be perfectly fine with Mason up top on his own as long as the 'wingers' were good enough.

Saville - Evans - Price is the way I'd go as well and I'd be perfectly fine with Mason up top on his own as long as the 'wingers' were good enough.

I think if we choose those 3 and Mason up front then the wingers need to be lightening quick or we'd be slower than the bottom set in a special school.

Agree on Saville Price & Evans but I think that means Mason will be out in favour of a lump up top. I'm not against a lump if we have decent wingers but with Wallace still to prove he can play there and Graham not ready for the start of the season we will need a player or 2 in that department.

I think Williamson will change a lot having a decent experienced CB will mean we can allow a little more pressure on the back 4 and open up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I think if we choose those 3 and Mason up front then the wingers need to be lightening quick or we'd be slower than the bottom set in a special school.

I dunno, there would obviously be a lot of pressure on them but if they had enough about them it could work.

Graham - Mason - Wallace would be exciting to watch ahead of that 3 (obviously I would rather have Nouha instead of Average Joe).

Graham - Dicko - Wallace would be decent actually but we'd need to play football on the deck for that too happen. Not too sure with average Ken.

I'd like to see Iorfa and Hause at CB WITH 2 quality and very fast full backs if we go that way.

Burnley have just won the league with Boyd, Barton, Jones, Arfield and Vokes playing big parts, no pace there. They do of course have magical things such as "a gameplan" and "a left back" though.

Agree on Saville Price & Evans but I think that means Mason will be out in favour of a lump up top. I'm not against a lump if we have decent wingers but with Wallace still to prove he can play there and Graham not ready for the start of the season we will need a player or 2 in that department.

I think Williamson will change a lot having a decent experienced CB will mean we can allow a little more pressure on the back 4 and open up a bit.

Depends who plays next to him - if its Danny it will be a fairly slow pairing.

Would rather one of the younger talents given the chance there - either Hause or Iorfa (who I think is, long term is going to end up in the middle rather than out at RB)

Burnley have just won the league with Boyd, Barton, Jones, Arfield and Vokes playing big parts, no pace there. They do of course have magical things such as "a gameplan" and "a left back" though.

A left back deemed not good enough for us by a lot of fans as well...

Depends who plays next to him - if its Danny it will be a fairly slow pairing.

Would rather one of the younger talents given the chance there - either Hause or Iorfa (who I think is, long term is going to end up in the middle rather than out at RB)
I am not Danny s biggest fan if we sign a LB I would like Iorfa there but as we are Hause. I could well see Iorfa playing in the premier at CB within a few years bags of potential that lad.

Whether he's overweight or not, he is/was slow for cm, especially turning, he was good for the first 2 months of last season (as was Kmac) but as soon as oppositions worked out where our threat was, it was nullified and the pair of em for the next 2 months were abject. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's coming back, he has a lot of potential but I still think it was the right thing to do, sending him on loan, hopefully it'll be the making of him.

Can't ever remember Evans being 'abject', especially for a period of 2 months. Ipswich away was his last game IIRC.

Pace is such an over rated quality. There is a difference between a persons playing speed and the pace of their sprint. Van La Parra was a fast running and a fast dribbler, yet his actual playing speed wasn't quick due to his decisions. Would be interested in Seeing Price, Evans, Saville, but think we would need to use Saville the way Palace set up with Cabaye - So you have

Price - Evans

winger - Saville - Winger

forward

Would like the forward ideally to be Dicko, I hope I am wrong but I just don't rate Mason at all and I can't put my finger on what it is I am not keen on about him. I'd be happy for Edwards to be rotated into that team as the 3rd cm, but only if he was used as a defensive attacking midfielder. I appreciate that sounds crazy, but I mean pressing, harrying and getting beyond a lone front man. They might not be the qualities every football fan wants to think about, but they are important over a season.

----------Price----------
----Evans-----Saville----
Wallace--------------LW
----------Dicko----------

As I have said previously I think we need a real quality CM for this level. Someone who might raise the game of those around him. I don't think we are in for one as we have Coady and Edwards who despite both being painfully average with limited technical ability are rated by KJ.

While Graham and Zyro are injured we do need a left winger, particularly if Byrne isn't in favour.

I'd agree with that YW. And I don't think pace is over-rated BMB but as you point out it must be coupled with decision making ability to make that pace effective, Ronaldo, Neymar and Bale being the best exponents of this. Pace stretches defences, suppresses attacks and creates fear in manager's tactics.

A combination of pace in our team is critical and when we had Dicko, Sako and Afobe working well together it was the opposition that was scared of Dicko and Sako's pace with and without the ball. That is why I'm concerned with Jackett taking the pace out of our attacking play, especially as he is trying to play on the counter without any pace at all, when that is the one thing you need to play in that style.

To resurrect this thread, I believe we only have Conor Hunte out on loan at the moment.

Conor Hunte (Stevenage) - Made his debut coming on as sub in the 66th minute against Leyton Orient last night. Had one chance with a half-volley but put it wide.

I'll be interested to hear what he's like, hopefully he can come back strong (aka Graham)

Anthony Breslin is on loan at Tamworth
He is indeed.

Just had a quick look and he seems to have settled into the team at left-back, starting each of their four games this season in the National League North.

Back