• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2019-2020

It's the message it sends as well.

"Come to Wolves if you're a top star in your age group, by the way we can't develop you properly so we'll farm you out to a couple of shitbox teams in a lower league and hope it somehow works out, even though all evidence says it doesn't".

Loans make sense for Giles (not played any first team football of note and third choice for one spot) and Bright (no future here but we need him to prove himself in the Championship ideally so we can sell him for a proper fee). Not MGW.

No way it will happen. It would impede his development hideously

Chances of us loaning out MGW are about the same as Man City sending Foden out on loan nest season

Alternatively, he could play a part propelling shrewsbury into the top half, and they become potential challengers for the playoffs. Getting significant game time will benefit the lad.

edit regarding Giles

Disagree. Keep MGW here. He'll learn directly from the coaches, and fellow pro's. He'll play in games in europe, as well as cup matches, and some league games. He'll develop here better.
Signing another Moutinho will hamper MGW's development imo.

Erm...

I'd keep him until Jan, review his game time, progression and whether we are still in Europe and take it from there. A second half of the season with us with the same game time as the second half last year isn't going to do him any favours.

Neither is letting someone like Gary Johnson coach him
Yes it would have to be the right move which I accept isn't a strength ours. I said previously his U17 manager is now at Swansea and that would be a good fit. As I said it's something to review in January rather than now

I suppose Helder technically goes in here so I'll add him to the list!

Connor Ronan scored tonight for DAC (we didn't bother to formally announce that we'd loaned him out again)

Is that Kristian Kostrna that used to be with us sneaking into celebrations at the end?

Well spotted, DW. Added to the OP.

Two full games for Ronan over the two legs. Lovely goal too. And yeah, it's the very same Kostrna who was with us, Sam.

Chatted to a shrewsbury fan yesterday who was raving about Giles. Is convinced he'll be a big player for them this season.

In the discussion, didn't realise how many ex wolves were at the shrews!

Harry Burgoyne and Connor Johnson at Bury. Who knows how long for, guess if depends if they exist in a few weeks.

Odd one this. We haven't said anything, they haven't said anything but Burgoyne definitely played for Bury yesterday.

Bury are working with a few Prem clubs to get players in. Presume it won't be official until Bury know they have a future

Last week Nixon said a few PL are helping them out with players to tide them over, but won't be officially signing anyone until their financial situation is sorted.

If the teams Bury have contacted do all help out, Bury could end up with a tidy little side.

Will Norris is about to join Ipswich subject to a medical, according to Spiers.

Back