• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2019-2020

Thanks for picking the thread up again, DW!

I hope everyone's keeping well over there, best wishes to everyone.

Ah, it was good to watch a game with a critical eye again! Literally haven't done it in months :)

I'm ok man, good to hear you're alright.

Thought I’d watch second half of Grenada to check on our boy Jesus. The game has been so bad I think he’s touched the ball once in 30 mins and that was a simple pass inside to the other CB

Thought I’d watch second half of Grenada to check on our boy Jesus. The game has been so bad I think he’s touched the ball once in 30 mins and that was a simple ab inside. To the other CB

and he’s just given a penalty away!

I watch for two minutes and he gives away a penalty :)

The game was that crap my “no more goals” bet was looking good until he did that. Arsehole.

The game was that crap my “no more goals” bet was looking good until he did that. Arsehole.

Turns out his misdemeanour turned the game into a goal fest.

It's been a while!

Thought I'd do a quick summary of those loanees who have played up until today.

Roderick Miranda - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Has played played both full games since the restart. The first one as Deutsch mentioned a couple of weeks ago, and then in a 3-1 win at Gil Vicente.

Leo Bonatini - Vitoria Guimaraes, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played 70 minutes of a 2-2 draw at home Sporting Lisbon, but then lost his place for a 1-1 draw at Beleneses, coming on the for the last 20 minutes.

Rafa Mir - SD Huesca, Spanish Segunda División

Came on after 53 minutes and got the third in a 3-1 win at Malaga, a header from a corner, to help his team's push for automatic promotion. He followed this up with another goal at home to Mirandes - this time in a 2-1 defeat - and it was from another corner, this one a smart volley that hit the bar on its way in.

Ryan Bennett was also an unused sub for Leicester today.

Sanderson starts against Leeds.

Played well defensively, not going to be a RWB for us without a hell of a lot of work. Maybe RCH cover

I thought he looked really good. I hope he can make it here but the jump in quality to our first team is quite big

The one time he did venture over the half way line he dribbled straight out of play.

He defended excellently though.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Played a lot of Academy football at CH (as well as RB and RWB) but it's always been RWB for the first team and you can see that he can't do what we need.

He's just filled a gap when playing there for the first team.

He's very good defending 1v1 though. I don't see him making it here (we've got better young talents in Otasowie, Marques and Richards in my opinion) but he will do alright for himself.

He won't be a RWB or a RB, he's a CH or a RCB.

He hasn't stood out in the u23 but glad he's doing well at Cardiff. Their fans want to sign him but I don't think he's hit his peak yet so will be interesting to see where he ends up

Back