• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Silva going off apparently "he's been really, really poor and some of his antics have been a disgrace to be quite honest".

If you perform badly in an Old Form game you rarely get forgiven.

We must have at least £100m worth of players out on loan. Fantastic work from Shi/recruitment team/whoever to waste so much and then leave us with a tiny squad and (apparently) no money to strengthen.

As much as I hate some of these players, I think I’d even take some sort of input from Podence or Guedes in the first team at the moment.

Totally agree with this - shambles from the recruitment team.

Guedes is an absolutely undeniably better shout than Nathan Fraser as a central forward and Daniel Podence absolutely has to be better than Tommy Doyle as a false nine.

There aren’t many teams in PL history who don’t have a fit central striker with 8 games to go, let alone a side that - until last week - were pushing for Europe.

Just wish Fosun gave as much of a shit as we do.

Silva booked for diving, but it looked like a foul to me. Commentators are missing the point.

Subbed. I'm surprised he managed to stay on his feet as he walked off.

Silva was awful in the first half, but effected the game well in the second.

He was a disgrace. Went down like he'd just been set on fire in a bad kung fu movie.

How long do we have left on his contract?

I think someone will buy him in the summer, he's not quite at the Cutrone post Valencia loan stage where everyone knew he'd never make it. I think there are a fair few clubs who will look at him and convince themselves that he's had a fair bit of experience now for a striker of that age, including at big clubs, in various European competitions, international youth football and cup finals etc.

The only danger is that Shi/Hobbs also manage to convince themselves of that and overvalue him or decide he's worth another shot in the first team next season.

Back