• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier League

GLASGOWOLF

You OK Hun?
Reaction score
I have probably seen more football last 8 Months than ever before.

I have been chatting, to supporters of other teams regarding the make up of the premier league.
There used to be 3 leagues in the premier league top 6 next 5 or 6 then scrapping relegation.

My view and many others I chat to is that this has changed now we have the Top 3 pretty nailed on with City being the best.

The next 5 or 6 are pretty much of a muchness.

The difference between Chelsea and the rest was Hazard he has gone and can not be replaced.

UTD are shocking at the back, not one of wolves, Leicester, Everton, or Watford would take Shaw, young, smalling, or Jones. their midfield is not going to work whilst Poison Pogba remains.
Rashford, and Lingard need assistance and are jot getting it.

Arsenal are another poor team and need massive rework. For one of Wolves, Leicester, Everton, or Watford there has never been a better chance to break into the 4th - 7th.
I have a bet with one of the Swallows that uses my bar and is a Utd fan that we finish above them next season.

The next few seasons are going to be massive for the 4 clubs chasing 6th.
Not sure Watford will maintain the push, but Wolves, Everton, and Leicester will.

Split into 4 for me

Liverpool & City are miles ahead of the rest
Chelsea, Spurs, United & Arsenal next
Us, Leicester, Everton, West Ham & possibly Watford (to a much lesser extent) who shouldn't be looking at relegation and are looking to break into the top 6
The rest - who will ultimately be happy with surviving

I'd agree with glasgow actually, Spurs are far ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U at the moment. Not at Citeh or Liverpool's level but closer to them than the others. If us/Leicester others can make up ground 4th's a possibility.

Going to be interesting to see how Villa do. Making Fulham look like they were tight arses last year.

I expect at least one team, probably two to break into the top six this season. Hopefully we are one of them.
City and Liverpool are nailed on for top two. Spurs are too Spursy to guarantee anything.
Expect Villa to stay up, they aren't quite doing a Fulham, as some of the money spent was to retain current players.

City & Liverpool
Spurs finally splashing some cash, will probably improve them but could also be due a poor season
Chelsea should still be top 4-5
Then Utd, Wolves, Everton, Leicester, Arsenal. A bit of luck with injuries and the bounce of the ball, but consistency is far and away the most important thing.

Back