• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Revisiting old albums

Now on a Mayall journey

030.jpg

4 superb musicians with a few others on odd tracks (inc Dennis Healey on trumpet on one (for a labour Deputy PM he wasn't bad on the trumpet either :icon_lol:)

Followed by

031.jpg

This one just takes me back to being 20 - laying in my bedroom at 2 am after being out (& my dad really shouldn't have allowed me a free rein to decorate it - orange walls & carpet with a black ceiling - took him weeks to repaint it when I moved out into my sister's larger bedroom when she got married & he wanted to make it his study).

I really liked her on Jools Holland back in the day but never heard any stuff until she started doing songs for everyone else.

She's a terrific songwriter that's for sure.

Only know Sia from the song Breathe Me which played over the ending of 6ft Under which I still watch if ever I feel like a little cry. The Simpsons also used it for their "how everyone dies" ending. Great song.

She did the vocals for Titanium by David Guetta. Everyone in the developed world has heard that song!

You have heard it :icon_lol: I've even been in the same room as you when it was playing :icon_lol:

I'm sure you're not much of a Pharrell Williams fan either but you've heard Get Lucky :)

She is one of the best singers on the scene today, her voice is very unique and instantly recognisable.

I first heard this song in the film Garden State and I had to go and find it afterwards as I was obsessed with it

Girl Talk - Night Ripper.

Not as old as the others - this came out in 2006 I think. I remember reading about this album and the review really piqued my interest.
So, imagine someone throwing most of your music collection into a blender. This is kinda the result. Has been described as "a lawsuit waiting to happen" Girl Talk uses creative commons licences to appropriate loads of segments of tunes, and recycles them into new creations.
So it isn't just "mash up", and it isn't djing either.
It's fun to play spot the tunes you recognise, and there's a lot in there. I think I haven't listened to it in so long because his subsequent albums (Feed The Animals, and All Day) were also so freaking awesome they took over.
Great stuff.

Girl Talk - Night Ripper.

Not as old as the others - this came out in 2006 I think. I remember reading about this album and the review really piqued my interest.
So, imagine someone throwing most of your music collection into a blender. This is kinda the result. Has been described as "a lawsuit waiting to happen" Girl Talk uses creative commons licences to appropriate loads of segments of tunes, and recycles them into new creations.
So it isn't just "mash up", and it isn't djing either.
It's fun to play spot the tunes you recognise, and there's a lot in there. I think I haven't listened to it in so long because his subsequent albums (Feed The Animals, and All Day) were also so freaking awesome they took over.
Great stuff.
Gillis is a madman. Absolutely genius 99% of the time.

listened to Trail of dead's source tags and codes last night for the burgess twitter thing. the guy from the band had trouble logging on so they're rescheduling it but like most people carried on anyway. quite a few tracks i'd forgotten all about but it's always been an enjoyably noisy album.

listened to Trail of dead's source tags and codes last night for the burgess twitter thing. the guy from the band had trouble logging on so they're rescheduling it but like most people carried on anyway. quite a few tracks i'd forgotten all about but it's always been an enjoyably noisy album.

Love a bit of Trail.

Gillis is a madman. Absolutely genius 99% of the time.

He's awesome! wish he'd release something else, it has been too long.
I also assume I'll never see him live, as he only seems to tour the states or australia.

Back