• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rio 2016

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
May as well get the thread set up. All kicks off over the weekend.

There is women's football on today but you'd have more fun sandpapering your eyes.

Looking forward to the games. Can't believe London was 4 years ago!

Looks like there'll be plenty of viewing for me over the next three weeks, only four hours behind us so should be pretty good.

Andy Murray confirmed as Great Britain's flagbearer.

I must admit that while I enjoy the olympics, it doesn't really start for me until the track events.

Looking forward to the Horse dancing again. Who needs drugs or alcohol when you can sit and watch a horse busting some moves to Rihanna.

Looking forward to the Horse dancing again. Who needs drugs or alcohol when you can sit and watch a horse busting some moves to Rihanna.
At least you only have to put up with it every 4 years. I grew up with my Mum teaching dressage...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

At least you only have to put up with it every 4 years. I grew up with my Mum teaching dressage...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
How many different frocks did she make you wear?

My sister-in-law was a dressage international for Australia, I believe.

Have to say I know nothing about horse dancing whatsoever though.

May as well get the thread set up. All kicks off over the weekend.

There is women's football on today but you'd have more fun sandpapering your eyes.
I love sandpapering my eyes as much as the next guy but come on, women's football can be fun!

Is dressage the one where they jump over tall hurdles?

Love the olympics. Love experiencing different events and sports.
London was amazing. Hope Rio is as good.

Nah - it is were they make the horses dance. Incredibly, incredibly dull
I think I need more sandpaper. I don't mind the horse jumping thing where they have an alotted time and get penalty points for kicking down hurdles or what they're called.

Dressage not for me, would be as useless as watching cricket or american football!

I think I need more sandpaper. I don't mind the horse jumping thing where they have an alotted time and get penalty points for kicking down hurdles or what they're called.

Dressage not for me, would be as useless as watching cricket or american football!

Trust me, it's worse. They are scored by judges so you can't even follow how well they are doing. I once created a music piece for a dressage performance, that was a little bit fun to then follow. Otherwise unless you are watching the best horses in the world (which at the Olympics you aren't ) then it's incredibly dry. Don't get me wrong, it's a hard sport - but you have to be a horsey person to appreciate any of it.

My mother was the national equestrian coach for Burma twice, and Cambodia until recently. Didn't improve the excitement for me neither.

Trust me, it's worse. They are scored by judges so you can't even follow how well they are doing. I once created a music piece for a dressage performance, that was a little bit fun to then follow. Otherwise unless you are watching the best horses in the world (which at the Olympics you aren't ) then it's incredibly dry. Don't get me wrong, it's a hard sport - but you have to be a horsey person to appreciate any of it.
Thanks. A bit like figure skating then, can be nice to watch the best of the best but you don't have a clue if mistakes are made or if it's really good or not...I like knowing what's going on when I watch sports.

I'd watch tiddlywinks at the Olympics if we had a chance of getting a medal. Aggers will be commentating this year so that will give me another reason to tune in for the dressage.

Note for Norway FB. Aggers hosts and commentates on the Test Match Special. The BBC's radio cricket coverage.

I'd watch tiddlywinks at the Olympics if we had a chance of getting a medal. Aggers will be commentating this year so that will give me another reason to tune in for the dressage.

Note for Norway FB. Aggers hosts and commentates on the Test Match Special. The BBC's radio cricket coverage.

Hey there. Who is Aggers? How would that help useless me? :)

Back