• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham (A) build up 6/8/16

Less than a 100 tickets left #thezengaboysarecoming

My "please let it happen XI" for this game.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - Silvio

Price - Saville

Wallace - Talisca - Costa

Campbell

That at least looks half decent going forward, if not at the back.

fucking drooling at that Bear

My "please let it happen XI" for this game.

Ikeme

Price - Saville

Wallace - Talisca - Costa

Campbell

That at least looks half decent going forward, if not at the back.

If we get the other 2 in then wouldn't be unhappy with that :D

That back line is good enough for Rotherham

Does anyone know how Iorfa is after the Swansea match?

The injury sounded quite serious from the limited reports I heard but I haven't seen any news on the official site.

Edwards said after the game that they'd have the results of the scan by Monday at the latest. So they should know by now.

Ikeme

Price - Evans

Wallace - Teixeira - Costa

Bodvarsson

Starting to look a little better, I think we might need to change this again before we start!!

or perhaps

Ikeme

Teixeira - Price - Evans - Costa

Bodvarsson Ennis

Might be a little open that way but boy is it in improvement on last season.

I think it'll be

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Hause Silvio

Henry* Teixeira Price** Costa

Mason Bodvarsson

I think Walt's first team will initially be heavily influenced by KT and he's been banging the 'Mason needs to play in a 4-4-2 alongside a powerful striker' drum for ages.

*Jed would be my preferred choice but I can see Zenga going with Henry after he talked about experience, work rate & passion in his presser. Despite hating on Henry at times last season I'd be kinda okay with this. In a possession heavy team with a big man to aim at in the box he could do quite well.

**Again, Price would be my preferred choice but it could be any one of Price/Evans/Saville/Coady/Edwards. Depends who impresses the most in training.

Henry can play a squad role in a top eight squad at this level. His goal record is pretty good for a winger. The issue with Ken was that he'd pick him every week regardless.

Don't all these new players need international clearance? Will they be available for Saturday?

I hope they are available as we need to play them together ASAP.

International clearance is a formality. Takes a couple of days tops to sort out.

Agree on Henry I have no problem with him playing and think a 4-4-2 would suit him better. As long as when his form dips (which it will) he is dropped it could work quite nicely. Not convinced about Mason would really like to see Ennis but maybe it's too soon.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'd put Ennis in the bench, he's good but needs to be brought through slowly (unless after a few subs appearances it turns out he's phenomenal...).

Either way the squad is shaping up to be a little more interesting than it was a week ago!

Ill be at the game ill try and post updates on here with pics :) but depends my phone is pretty crap atm.

Has everyone received their tickets for this? Still waiting on mine.

Got mine. Roll on Saturday.

Back