• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Team for Charlton

Lupo

Reaction score
Who if anyone from last night should start?

Very encouraging but keeping things in perspective it was a one off game against League 2 opposition but then KJ did say that first team opportunities were up for grabs.

Too soon for Bright to start but still worth a place on the bench. ALF was excellent in his first start but he's not going to displace Dicko and Afobe yet.

Deslandes also worth a place on the bench but Golbourne should be restored. I expect Ikeme will come back in too.

I would start Ojo though. Maybe Wallace too if fit enough.

I'm really not sure about the back 4 - EEL for Hause? Doherty for Iorfa?

I think I'd go with this for Saturday:

Ikeme; Iorfa, Stearman, EEL, Golbourne; VLP, Price, Coady, Wallace; Afobe, Dicko

Subs:

Martinez, Hause, Doherty, Edwards, Henry, Ojo, ALF

Wouldn't mind seeing Ojo start in which case swap him for Wallace who may need to be eased in after 90 minutes last night.

---------------Either keeper--------------

Iorfa----Ebanks-Landell--Stearman----Golbourne

Wallace-----Price---------Coady---------Ojo

-------------Afobe---------Dicko-------------------

Subs: Either keeper, Doherty, Hause, Edwards, Henry, Le Fondre, Enobakhare.

2014/15: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2008/9: W 2-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2007/8: W 2-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2003/4: L 0-4 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1999/0: L 2-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1997/8: W 3-1 (H), L 0-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, FAC), W 3-0 (H, FAC)
1996/7: W 1-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1995/6: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A), D 0-0 (H, LC), W 2-1 (A, LC)
1994/5: W 2-0 (H), L 2-3 (A)

------------------------------Ikeme;
--------Iorfa, -------Stearman,-----Hause--- Golbourne;
---------------------- Price,---- McDonald,
-------------Wallace-------Afobe---------Ojo.
----------------------------Dicko.

If fit that would be my team too LK. If not Coady for McD.

.............Ikeme

Iorfa....Stearman.....Hause....Golbourne

..............Coady.....Price

Wallace....Afobe.......Ojo

...............Dicko

(KJ will go with Edwards over Wallace though)

I'd start Coady ahead of McD every day of the week, miles better in every department.

I'd go with Kenny's team. Agree that KJ will find a way to fit Edwards in though, Dicko, Wallace or Ojo to miss out.

................ . Ikeme

Iorfa.... Stears....EEL....Golbourne

.................. Coady

.......... Price.........McDonald

...................Wallace

...........Dicko............Afobe

I'd go with Kenny's team. Agree that KJ will find a way to fit Edwards in though, Dicko, Wallace or Ojo to miss out.

With only having one game under his belt, I can why he would go for Edwards over Wallace but Wallace is the better player and he needs game time. In for 60-70 mins for me.

................ . Ikeme

Iorfa.... Stears....EEL....Golbourne

.................. Coady

.......... Price.........McDonald

...................Wallace

...........Dicko............Afobe

Coady would be further forward than Price and McDonakd in that formation.

I'd play McDonald instead of Price if he's fit, I don't think he is though and I don't want any of this 70% nonsense. Get him right to play after the break.

Price should start, I would leave McDonald out until after the transfer window closes. He should be fit then, and free from distractions.

Price has to play, he rarely gets a bad report, and seems to me to be the perfect man in front of the back four.

I must admit to being worried we will get slapped in this one, Charlton have started well and if we play like we have been, they will show us our own arseholes.

Ikeme
Iorfa EEl Stearman Goldbourne
Price
Coady Macdonald
Afobe Ojo
Dicko

Allegedly, McDonald was at the game last night, but was talking on his phone then left halfway through the first half.

Allegedly, McDonald was at the game last night, but was talking on his phone then left halfway through the first half.

Therefore, neither Benik nor any of Wolves’ first team forward players, will be sold this season... Wolves have previously resisted the opportunity to sell other key first team players in this and other recent transfer windows.

My point was more one of wondering why he didn't stay to support his team-mates.

Not all players hang around if they are not involved and not required for corporate shizzle at half time or after the game.

Back