• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Techy Stuff Help!

How much of a cinema's appeal is this 'immersive experience' compared to say seeing the film 6 months or more before you can see it elsewhere? If films were released across all formats simultaneously would everyone still flock to cinemas or would many more watch at home instead? I'd choose home everytime!

Also, from the proprietor's perspective, is the big screen there more so to create your immersive experience or to generate more revenue by pushing more people through bigger screenings?

So we've discovered that Bear has more inches than Mark, but Mark doesnt believe size matters

There's a reason cinemas invest in huge IMAX screens, and that people happily pay for it.

And I'd rather watch at home too if I could. That's because of other people though, not the screen or facilities.

There are definitely certain films that I make sure I watch in the cinema, and would do even if there was a simultaneous home release.
That said, my telly is 24"...

The only film I've ever seen in IMAX was Gravity in 3D. The subject matter meant it was perfect for that. And it was fantastic.

IMAX was a one time only thing for me, I really couldn't see what the extra few quid got me.

If cinemas have such a great appeal over other forms over viewing why is their market almost exclusively new releases?

And as for 3D, pointless nonsense, like confetti cannons at a gig, urgh.

Is there a way I can post a .wav file on here ?

You can maybe add it as an attachment.

Click on Go Advanced at the bottom of the text box, then click the paperclip button next to the smilies button. In the new window that opens click the Add Files button then click Browse to find the file you want. Then click Upload. Don't know whether it works for .wav files though.

Thank you everyone on the planet apart from t3ch :)

Bit specific, but does anyone know how to get rid of the notification that tells me how much credit I have left after I make a text? I'm not on PAYG, so it's bloody annoying!

It's on a Samsung A20e

EDIT - It's a dual SIM, with the one SIM 'SIM Only' and the other via a contract.

Depends on your network provider I think.

There usually a code you can input to turn it off.

I hope so, it's already starting to get annoying.

I've scoured the O2 website and dialled 4444 for answer, but no luck. I'll bug someone in the call centre in the morning.

Back