• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

BBC saying she resigned over an honest mistake rather than being pushed, although it feels very manager mutual consent speak

Deliberate mistake to get out of the Cabinet so she can snipe from the sidelines and cement her reputation with the right wing? Probably realised delivering on her anti-immigration pledges wasn’t as easy as she thought.

Deliberate mistake to get out of the Cabinet so she can snipe from the sidelines and cement her reputation with the right wing? Probably realised delivering on her anti-immigration pledges wasn’t as easy as she thought.
Yep, resigning for breaking the Ministerial Code is so 2018. Either deliberate or using it as an excuse and then taking the opportunity to put the boot in during the resignation letter

Yep, resigning for breaking the Ministerial Code is so 2018. Either deliberate or using it as an excuse and then taking the opportunity to put the boot in during the resignation letter
Can claim she had integrity as she resigned but it’s an honest mistake and easily forgotten. Without doubt completely contrived to get out and have a pop at Truss and reinforce her right wing credentials. She has seen the Tory members elect right wing twats and is playing the long game.

Was going through the New Statesman's seat prediction models a few days ago - one of the ones that had the Tories left with 40ish seats on current polling - and Braverman was one of the few MPs who might survive who could plausibly be considered a "big" name in the rump party. Her losing margin is less than a percentage point, and the Lib Dems would only be a distant third, reducing the impact of tactical voting: https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2022/10/britainpredicts

I wouldn't normally give someone like her even the mild credit of being a heavyweight, but for context the only others who were modelled to still edge their seats, and who could plausibly claim name recognition with normal people, were Patel, Fabricant, Zahawi, Badenoch, Whittingdale, and... Theresa May. Everyone else is a complete nobody. If the polling remains where it is and we see this kind of destruction of the Tories, and one of the weirdo far-righters like Braverman or Badenoch takes over, then it truly will mark the party's complete and final takeover by Farageism.

How about my old mate Gav in South Staffs?

Pretty sure he will still win, despite him doing nothing for the area and being a berk.

Coin toss they say:

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 18.18.10.png

Christ, imagine if he survives but everyone he's got dirt on loses. Won't know what to do with himself.

Blimey.

In 10 years of living there I never got a single leaflet through the door from Labour. They never even tried contesting it. Not even the Council seats (we did get a couple of Green councillors, I consider that my good work for the area).

Codsall will be claiming it’s the end of days if labour get in, and then they’ll ship immigrants in, and it’ll be rap music and drive by shootings all along duck lane and histons hill before you know it

My last UK address was in S. Staffs. When I left I didn't bother registering to vote as it was the definition of a safe tory seat. I think the law has just been changed so that expats no longer lose the right to vote after 15 years, so from now on Labour will be getting one extra vote.

Codsall will be claiming it’s the end of days if labour get in, and then they’ll ship immigrants in, and it’ll be rap music and drive by shootings all along duck lane and histons hill before you know it
The local Facebook group already thinks it's like the 70s Bronx. It really, really isn't.

Was going through the New Statesman's seat prediction models a few days ago - one of the ones that had the Tories left with 40ish seats on current polling - and Braverman was one of the few MPs who might survive who could plausibly be considered a "big" name in the rump party. Her losing margin is less than a percentage point, and the Lib Dems would only be a distant third, reducing the impact of tactical voting: https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2022/10/britainpredicts

I wouldn't normally give someone like her even the mild credit of being a heavyweight, but for context the only others who were modelled to still edge their seats, and who could plausibly claim name recognition with normal people, were Patel, Fabricant, Zahawi, Badenoch, Whittingdale, and... Theresa May. Everyone else is a complete nobody. If the polling remains where it is and we see this kind of destruction of the Tories, and one of the weirdo far-righters like Braverman or Badenoch takes over, then it truly will mark the party's complete and final takeover by Farageism.
My MP Simon Hoare would probably survive got 60% of the vote in 2019. Labour have no chance (though might save their deposit next time) - Lib Dems only creditable opposition, but even they would need a record swing to take it.

Met him once - decent & fairly sane individual. Has form for voting against Tory policy over the last few years. Probably why he's never been given any ministerial post of any kind. -

Rumours of a Braverman resignation speech tomorrow, not something you'd do for a clerical error

BBC saying she resigned over an honest mistake rather than being pushed, although it feels very manager mutual consent speak
Using a private email account for Government data is an instant sacking gross misconduct offence. For very good reason.

It's not an "honest mistake", it's something you deliberately have to do to avoid using your official secure email.

She's not just evil, but also stupid.

Using a private email account for Government data is an instant sacking gross misconduct offence. For very good reason.

It's not an "honest mistake", it's something you deliberately have to do to avoid using your official secure email.

She's not just evil, but also stupid.
Name a Minister who would have voluntarily resigned for that in the last 3 years? She is undoubtedly stupid, it may or not have been deliberate, the resignation is definitely political though

Tory ministers have deliberately used personal email/messaging accounts and phones for the last 12 years to avoid FOI, and every time they've been rebuked about it by judges or the Information Commissioner they've just ignored it. I find it very hard to believe that now it's something that demands a resignation.

Name a Minister who would have voluntarily resigned for that in the last 3 years? She is undoubtedly stupid, it may or not have been deliberate, the resignation is definitely political though
Oh I know. It's Tory minister standard behaviour.

But for actual normal people, a P45 is the result of doing that. I'm old fashioned, and would prefer my politicians to understand why things are as they are, but then I've come across far too many bosses who demand to be exempt from every data protection and IT security going to be at all surprised.

Reports that Tory MPs were physically manhandled into the No lobby

Back