• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Car Thread

Couldn't pay me to get on the road in one of those but I adore the idea of them.

Couldn't pay me to get on the road in one of those but I adore the idea of them.
Mate, they’re a motorised go cart, 61cu 44hp of raw power! 4 on the floor, probably would fit in the back of a maga hat wearing rednecks pick up, but you’d be having way more fun.
Would a pick up truck fit in better?IMG_0933.jpeg

Can see why you wouldn’t want to be in one, this definitely shows the size IMG_0850.jpeg

Mate, they’re a motorised go cart, 61cu 44hp of raw power! 4 on the floor, probably would fit in the back of a maga hat wearing rednecks pick up, but you’d be having way more fun.
Would a pick up truck fit in better?View attachment 7479

First motor I ever owned was a 1968 Mini van. Paid £120. All wide wheels on spacers, bucket seats and 4 spotlights up front. 17 years old and happy as a dog with 2 cocks, Great days.

Failed its first Mot with a rotten subframe so sold it for £35 and bought a Cortina for £50. Struggling to keep a car on the road and being up the scrappy most weekends was a thing for a good few years. Learned an awful lot in that time.

Was very similar to this one:

IMG_5860.jpeg

I'm more into the bike end of classics and something I've noticed recently is more people are looking at more sympathetic restorations rather than the better than original type with gleaming paintwork and chrome. I believe the word is 'patina' so people prefer a 50 year old bike to look 50 years old, albeit a very well cared for 50 year old bike.

I think it was Drew Pritchard who said “something is only original once”.

He’s a bit of a knob but he’s spot on there. You are right, there does seem to be a really big shift of desire from show ponies to patina.

Last edited:
There is a growing market for custom shop guitars being aged to look like an original 1960 Les Paul say. Personally I would rather have a pristine custom shop 1960 Les paul looking like it had just come out of the factory rather than aged to look 63 years old.

Yeah, original with patina or beautifully restored original for me.

New made to look old just seems all wrong.

You've got me reminiscing now, first car was the nova Sri, had the xr2 and moved onto the xr3i and astra gte before meeting the Mrs and moving on to family friendly, safety 1st boredom.

That’s a well trodden path many of us find ourselves on.

The kids period took its toll on me summed up by a sequence of Orion > Mondeo > Seat Alhambra > Vauxhall Mokka

Honestly, by the time I’d hit the Mokka I was losing the will to live.

It creeps up on you unannounced but suddenly, the kids are off, the mortgage gets cleared and fuck it, you are back in the game.

Lucky enough to be able to indulge in nice motors now but that need for a hot hatch nostalgia kick just won’t go away.

Last edited:
I think a Suburban driver might be able to kill someone in a car that size just by looking at them wrong.

I respect the hell out of the audacity to replace the doors with a god damned queue rope. That's the right kind of tacky.

Neighbour had his Alfa out and nabbed a couple of quick pics.

You’re always going to have the odd knob in an owners club but imagine being model shamed about this because it’s not a 60’s boat tail.

Looks pretty damn nice to me.

4231D309-3689-4BF1-A6BF-FE5BA478281A.jpeg27DBCD78-4728-4B30-984A-32DDC4DA5FB0.jpeg

This is one of those original ‘patina’ jobs we were talking about earlier. Bloody love this car. The lady has owned it 30 odd years and it’s her daily driver. Often found with dogs, plants and garden tools for the allotment in the back. There’s good argument this is how classic cars should be:

33C9DAC6-E098-49E4-A2F9-079A8CBF2195.jpeg

That double chevron badge is Citroen?

Yea, Andre Citroen was the man who invented double helical gears or patented them at the very least so used them as his car badge when he started the company

Did you have to push it far?

Not sure if you mean Alfas are always breaking down or it’s pristine and never driven!

Either way I’d feel obliged to wear white gloves if pushing that.

Back