• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Car Thread

You’d have the roof down on that mustang wouldn’t you

Mine’s hardly a classic but I think some worry about sun damage. It does cross your mind - briefly - but fuck it, any hint of sunshine and it’s off.

If you’ve got a classic convertible and it’s only out on sunny days anyway it’s sacrilege not too, might as well get a hard top.

I had the roof down on my MGB roadster at any opportunity. In the cooler months, tonneau in place, heater on, warm jacket. Motoring heaven.

I had the roof down on my MGB roadster at any opportunity. In the cooler months, tonneau in place, heater on, warm jacket. Motoring heaven.

Yes, I think that would be better than actually sizzling in scorching heat. There’s what’s called an ‘air scarf’ which blows hot air from the headrest into the back of your neck and an ‘air cap’ which supposedly stops wind turbulence (it doesn’t) and of course the sound proofing of a modern convertible is much better than with a classic, but in essence it’s exactly the same. Had an MX-5 (NC3 (MK3)) briefly during a summer a few years back and that was great fun, but ultimately it’s warm evenings and fresh but sunny days that are best rather than the roastings dished out on a day like today when the particular model of convertible becomes largely immaterial.

Can do a modern one as a daily driver without too many problems but still reckon a daily tin-top and a classic convertible would be the ultimate way to go. One day perhaps, we can but dream.

Last edited:
Vulgar or beautiful?

Dunno, probably a bit of both, but if I could I would.

IMG_6027.jpegIMG_6013.jpegIMG_6001.jpeg

The Countach was my dream car as a kid.
I had a Micro Machines one, never got any closer...

They say the Countach is an absolute bitch to live with.

Probably true of many supercars tbf!

Private plates touched a bit of a nerve earlier but saw this one and have to confess thought it looked pretty cool. That said, it did trigger the annoyance that illegal spacing is out of control and doesn’t appear to be enforced at all. As much as I like this one it is a blatant disregard for the law. Not sure if that says more about the owner or the lack of enforcement but either way it’s going to annoy people and probably time that one was tightened up.

F67B488F-ACC0-4A37-B292-BE1B34C60F64.jpeg

The Countach was my dream car as a kid.
I had a Micro Machines one, never got any closer...
Mine is an Aston Martin! Will have to win the lottery to ever afford one mind lol.

Assuming that’s the U.K. and it’s a UD12 KED plate how many offences are there?

I reckon incorrect spacing, incorrect colours, incorrect typeface. Looks like it’s parked (? Folded mirrors) illegally and the side window tints are definitely too dark. Not sure if the smoked lenses are illegal too.

Bit of a bugbear of mine the illegal spacing etc, but not as much as the window tints. Lethal for cyclists and motorcyclists and annoying the legislation doesn’t seem to be enforced.

And it’s parked in the middle of the road on zig zags

UD12 KED isn't registered, UD12 KEO is a white Ford

Plate shape is illegal as well.

Since talking about these plates have noticed they seem to be everywhere. Look to be very popular particular with the modified crowd. Called hex, diamond or ‘Lambo’ plates apparently. 3D gel lettering the way to go too. Not everyone’s cup of tea but love a modified car myself, probably a bit more subtle than this one seen this afternoon but fair play to the guy, lots of pops and bangs for good measure too:

IMG_6170.jpeg

Surprisingly looks like they are legal after all.

Those pops and bangs sound a smidge different in the US...

Shame as I used to love the sound. Now it just makes me anxious.

Reactions: b3h
Those pops and bangs sound a smidge different in the US...

Shame as I used to love the sound. Now it just makes me anxious.

It’s a strange paradox because I’m increasingly irritated by most noise and inconsiderate behaviour but still get stirred emotionally by the sound of an engine. Never would have even considered your reply, it’s just so alien to the mindset of anyone in the U.K.

That’s caught me off guard and made me think to be honest.

Nah, didn’t mean to yuck your yum! Ain’t the cars’ fault, after all.

Exhaust pops just elicit a quick check of my surroundings before carrying on these days.

Back