• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Every QB needs protection, tbf. But Lawrence is mobile enough to get out of trouble himself if he needs to. That's part of what makes him such a once-in-a-generation talent; his body position seems like it doesn't affect his ability to be accurate in any way. He can make any throw at basically any time.

4 of the 5 QB's who are going in the top 12 or so Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Wilson are all good runners, there's only Jones who isn't.

Lawrence does have shit hair though, looks like a member of Hanson

Methinks someone is jealous of ol' Sunshine Blondie.

I watched QB1 on Netflix recently and it’s weird that Justin Fields is now one of the top picks for this years draft - I feel like he’s still in high school!

Yes.

He's the surest sure thing since Peyton Manning in 1998.
But didn't the Colts almost take Ryan Leaf instead of Peyton?

It's starting to look unlikely Deshaun will play the first few games of next season, but if the allegations had not cropped up it might all be different:

Bridgewater to the Broncos for a 6th round pick. Probably the right price. He won't solve Broncos QB problems.

Those injuries just wrecked his career.

You could certainly do miles worse for a backup, though.

Those injuries just wrecked his career.

You could certainly do miles worse for a backup, though.

If you look at him pre injury though he was still the same, in their rookie years it used to annoy me people used to say he was a better QB than Carr, as even then it was clear he wasn't, despite Carr not being amazing. He has always been that kinda safe, weak armed QB to me, he had an elite run game and solid D at the Vikings that they used because that was their strength, not in spite of him or at his expense.

49ers have apparently made a dramatic but unsurprisingly unsuccessful attempt to trade for Aaron Rodgers.

Further reports saying that Rodgers wants out.

Last edited:
That's cropping up in a lot of stories over here now.

Also suggestions that the 49ers have no idea who they will pick at #3

Would certainly explain why they're looking to trade for Rodgers then. I'd assume it would be the 3rd pick + Jimmy G and other or future picks. Although I'd imagine no one's really going to want pick up Jimmy's guaranteed $26million any time soon (and he has a no trade clause).

Nope! Shanahan hasn't exactly been speaking in glowing terms about his future prospects though.

Suggestion that they will try to trade Jimmy G if they draft Mac Jones or Justin Fields, but keep him if they go for Trey Lance.

Gave the house for 3 and seem to have buyer's remorse. Should just take Lance and sit him for a year, will take Jones and take functional over dynamic

Jimmy G is functional. They really look to have made a mess here.

Rumours that Rodgers could go to Broncos or Raiders by the weekend.

I agree it's why every commentator was shocked when it appeared they were trading up for Jones. 1, because he would have been at 12 or thereabouts anyway, 2 because at Alabama he had all the tools to make him look good and 3 because he's an accurate pocket passer who is functional but isn't going to break teams open. That said that's the MO of Brady...

CBS sports mock draft has them going for Jones:

"Sometimes it is an elaborate smokescreen … and sometimes it just is what it is. Kyle Shanahan has found the perfect vessel, or hastened his inevitable departure."

Back