• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The No Midfield Years

Which midfield would you rather have?

• Total voters
I don't know a damn thing about the 90s group, but at least we can say that there are good players somewhere in Jacko and Lee, even if we haven't seen much of either in a good while.

I don't know a damn thing about the 90s group, but at least we can say that there are good players somewhere in Jacko and Lee, even if we haven't seen much of either in a good while.

From memory (and pretty sketchy as I was in my early teens at the time)

Osborn - Loved him at the time. Would look great some games and awful others
Ferguson - useless, overweight, coasted on who his dad was
Atkins - PL winner when he joined us, never rearly justified his fee and I think used to get bounced around positions.
Emblen - always worked hard, think he played in every outfield position during his time here. Jack of all trades and master of none
Robinson - youth team product in Keane, Naylor, Murray era. Popped up with the odd goal but always flattered to deceive.
Corica - Hated him. Arrived for actual money, one of the worst players I have seen here.

I have never hated a player like I hated Darren Ferguson so for that reason I'm out.

In 97 I was on holiday in Spain and his cousin was in the next door apartment. Sadly for her she looked a lot like him.

From memory (and pretty sketchy as I was in my early teens at the time)

Osborn - Loved him at the time. Would look great some games and awful others
Ferguson - useless, overweight, coasted on who his dad was
Atkins - PL winner when he joined us, never rearly justified his fee and I think used to get bounced around positions.
Emblen - always worked hard, think he played in every outfield position during his time here. Jack of all trades and master of none
Robinson - youth team product in Keane, Naylor, Murray era. Popped up with the odd goal but always flattered to deceive.
Corica - Hated him. Arrived for actual money, one of the worst players I have seen here.

A fair assessment :)

Imagine if we had the likes of Bailey, Jimmy Mac, Kenny Hibbitt, Waggy, the Doog and King John. With Big Frank and Squeak behind them.

Back