• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

If you look at The New York Times online, scroll right down to the very bottom, they have some games there. There's one called
Letter Boxed.
A bit fiendish because you have to draw a line from one letter to the next one in your chosen word. So you can't use 2 letters on the same side. The aim is to use every letter in 5 attempts. very hard! I've had a 6 and a 7, but never a 5.
Oh, and the 1st word you get - say 'boxed', the next word HAS to start with D. Last letter.

I like the fact that Peter Kay is touring and our first thought was, "Well, that's gonna be dear!"
£35. "I'm keeping the prices the same as they were when we cancelled the venues due to Covid 2+ years ago.
£35!! Brilliant.
But they'll be gone in a bout 30 seconds...
1001 on Sat morning.... Sold out!

Got some new running shoes in the black friday sales, the colour is totally epic :)

SOkf0OH.png

One trip to Cannock Chase will sort that out

Strictly road only these beauties.

Mick Lynch;
"Why are you pursuing an editorial line I could read in The Sun or The Daily Mail or any of the right-wing press in this country, and you're not pursuing the fact that working people - millions of them - are being impoverished and some of them being made destitute by the attitude of this government and by their employers?

"I find this a shocking stance that the BBC will take - you're just parroting the most right-wing stuff you can get hold of on behalf of the establishment, and it's about time you showed some partiality towards your listeners, to working-class people in this country who are being screwed to the floor by the attitudes and policies of this government."
Fair play to him. He comes across really well generally imo.

Mick Lynch;

Fair play to him. He comes across really well generally imo.
Hmm, not sure about that, comes across a bit needy, a bit victimy. I'm sympathetic to the cause but reporters are gunna ask him difficult questions whether they're BBC or any others. Despite what some people think, the BBC also ask the opposition questions from the opposite viewpoint. Pretty much all right leaning people think the Beeb are anti govt, while all left leaners think they're pro govt
But overall I think you're right, generally he comes across well, just not in this instance imo.

Hmm, not sure about that, comes across a bit needy, a bit victimy. I'm sympathetic to the cause but reporters are gunna ask him difficult questions whether they're BBC or any others. Despite what some people think, the BBC also ask the opposition questions from the opposite viewpoint. Pretty much all right leaning people think the Beeb are anti govt, while all left leaners think they're pro govt
But overall I think you're right, generally he comes across well, just not in this instance imo.
Perhaps if the BBC (and other media outlets) actually gave the people watching the facts instead of the made up rhetoric of the Government and Network Rail ( the context less “we’ve offered them 9%” bullshit ) then I’d agree with you, but they don’t.
1) they haven’t offered 9% - They have offered 5% for this year and then 4% next year. We haven’t had a pay rise since 2019 and were refused our bonus for keeping the railways running during covid so that’s 2.25% over the four years with inflation at 11%. ( We haven’t had a bonus in over 5 years but management have, strange that )
2) The strings they have attached to the Operations side of the deal means that they can tear up contracts and reissue at a lower rate of pay
3) The “drone maintenance“ can never replace eyes on the ground and experienced people who can spot issues early. There’s a reason there haven’t been any poor maintenance rail crashes since 2008… People on the ground! Derailment in Scotland a few weeks ago in a modern drone covered area… hmmm
4) The offer to train workers is WORSE!
5) They expect the Union to accept any changes without debate, consultation or threat of industrial action. Hey turkeys, wanna vote for Christmas?

Fuck them, Unity is Strength

Last edited:
Thanks Langers and Alan. I’ll try and dig out some of the pay offer’s details that seem to be swept under the carpet by MSM

Perhaps if the BBC (and other media outlets) actually gave the people watching the facts instead of the made up rhetoric of the Government and Network Rail ( the context less “we’ve offered them 9%” bullshit ) then I’d agree with you, but they don’t.
1) they haven’t offered 9% - They have offered 5% for this year and then 4% next year. We haven’t had a pay rise since 2019 and were refused our bonus for keeping the railways running during covid so that’s 2.25% over the four years with inflation at 11%.
2) The strings they have attached to the Operations side of the deal means that they can tear up contracts and reissue at a lower rate of pay
3) The “drone maintenance“ can never replace eyes on the ground and experienced people who can spot issues early. There’s a reason there haven’t been any poor maintenance rail crashes since 2008… People on the ground! Derailment in Scotland a few weeks ago in a modern drone covered area… hmmm
4) The offer to train workers is WORSE!
5) They expect the Union to accept any changes without debate, consultation or threat of industrial action. Hey turkeys, wanna vote for Christmas?

Fuck them, Unity is Strength
I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying here, just commenting on that individual interview, comes across as a bit petulant when usually his arguments are very good. He has to be careful, he needs to try and keep as much public sympathy as possible. The industrial action is almost certainly going to have to be ramped up to achieve anything like a decent settlement and he needs to carry as much public support as possible.

The interview he had with Madeley was an absolute car crash. Normally I love a Madeley/Partridge clip but this went beyond it.

I don't think anyone on this planet has the patience Lynch needs to conduct all these interviews.

Except maybe a mod on TWF

Having to convince people that your job is worthwhile can be pretty irritating tbf.

The interview he had with Madeley was an absolute car crash. Normally I love a Madeley/Partridge clip but this went beyond it.

I don't think anyone on this planet has the patience Lynch needs to conduct all these interviews.

Except maybe a mod on TWF
God knows why they'd let a nob head like that conduct a serious political interview beggars belief.

God knows why they'd let a nob head like that conduct a serious political interview beggars belief.
You won't find many, if any, of those on privately owned TV, IMO.

Anywho, I'll bow out as I live in a place where labor unions are basically illegal. So I've got no expertise here. 😅

Back