• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

Piers Morgan calling Lynch out for saying whatever will get him noticed and time on TV had Alanis scrambling for a rewrite today.

Hmm, not sure about that, comes across a bit needy, a bit victimy. I'm sympathetic to the cause but reporters are gunna ask him difficult questions whether they're BBC or any others. Despite what some people think, the BBC also ask the opposition questions from the opposite viewpoint. Pretty much all right leaning people think the Beeb are anti govt, while all left leaners think they're pro govt
But overall I think you're right, generally he comes across well, just not in this instance imo.
I think he is making a much wider point, and the bbc are not his targets really.
There is/has been a consistent desire from those in power for decades to make repeatedly poor, even shockingly bad decisions, and then we, the populace have to pick up the bill for the terrible waste of money, as well as the crony-ism and profiteering that has taken place. This isn't new.
For example, there is the constant and consistent desire by governments to subsidise very rich corporations and individuals, to enable them to build infrastructure cheaply, to enable them to hire a workforce cheaply, and we even subsidise poor/low wages. Not so long ago, one adult earned a wage sufficient to support an entire family. The "progress" made under successive governments has resulted in people earning wages insufficient to feed themselves, let alone run a home and/or support a family.
The consistent target for the national tightening of the belts has been the poor and the middle classes. It is constantly they who are told they need to suck up the "difficult decisions" made for the benefit of the country. And the media tend to accept this point without sufficient criticism.
Mick Lynch is right to point that out imo, and I wish more people would, and then perhaps we could look much harder at these corporations that are bleeding us all dry, siphoning off national assets into offshore trusts, not paying sufficient taxes etc, and we can pay people genuine, proper wages for their work, and also get proper tax payments from these fucking corporate bastard companies paying the square root of fuck all who are morally corrupt in how they don't contribute to the societies that they desire to participate in and collect income from.

I think he is making a much wider point, and the bbc are not his targets really.
There is/has been a consistent desire from those in power for decades to make repeatedly poor, even shockingly bad decisions, and then we, the populace have to pick up the bill for the terrible waste of money, as well as the crony-ism and profiteering that has taken place. This isn't new.
For example, there is the constant and consistent desire by governments to subsidise very rich corporations and individuals, to enable them to build infrastructure cheaply, to enable them to hire a workforce cheaply, and we even subsidise poor/low wages. Not so long ago, one adult earned a wage sufficient to support an entire family. The "progress" made under successive governments has resulted in people earning wages insufficient to feed themselves, let alone run a home and/or support a family.
The consistent target for the national tightening of the belts has been the poor and the middle classes. It is constantly they who are told they need to suck up the "difficult decisions" made for the benefit of the country. And the media tend to accept this point without sufficient criticism.
Mick Lynch is right to point that out imo, and I wish more people would, and then perhaps we could look much harder at these corporations that are bleeding us all dry, siphoning off national assets into offshore trusts, not paying sufficient taxes etc, and we can pay people genuine, proper wages for their work, and also get proper tax payments from these fucking corporate bastard companies paying the square root of fuck all who are morally corrupt in how they don't contribute to the societies that they desire to participate in and collect income from.
All true and well put, maybe we should get you on the media.
With hindsight, cant help feeling we've missed the boat as far as levelling up wages and peoples standard of living. Up till covid we had a long period of low inflation, low interest rates and high employment, this was the time to fight for equality. Its gunna be a long hard fight in this period of rampant inflation.
Sounds like you and your mates are up for the fight, good luck.

Spent the past week building a lego mandalorian helmet that was a gift from the good lady. Really relaxing way to pass the evenings!
Couldn't help getting a zen-like refrain of "This is the way " going round in my head whilst building it 🤣

Spent the past week building a lego mandalorian helmet that was a gift from the good lady. Really relaxing way to pass the evenings!
Couldn't help getting a zen-like refrain of "This is the way " going round in my head whilst building it 🤣
There are tons of great "adult" Star Wars sets these days. I'm especially fond of the Death Star Trench set.

I love building Lego! I got the globe for my birthday and there are loads of sets I’d like. Pity they cost an absolute fortune.

I keep eyeing the Green Hill Zone set. Looks goofy but I can't deny the hit of nostalgia.

It's that or Tory Boy returns....

340175650_6326346798311_8829900202118678782_n.jpg

Come on Deutsch you know you want to :ROFLMAO:

Mrs DW hates The Feeling as much as I hate Starsailor and Toploader :D

That's a Saunders vs Cardiff of a line up.

The download festival lineup is a belter this yearIMG_3112.jpeg

I don't need to go to a festival to see Deranged Masturbation tbf.

Mrs DW hates The Feeling as much as I hate Starsailor and Toploader :D

That's a Saunders vs Cardiff of a line up.
I like The Feeling.....

Or at least a fair few of their songs. They did a lot of dreary stuff, but also plenty of catchy stuff.

Back