• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

As a side story to the last few posts, what is the history of this forum?
Is the group here the initial instigators?
Was it an offshoot of Molmix?

As a side story to the last few posts, what is the history of this forum?
The truth is the site wasn't up to much, wasn't really going anywhere when in early 2010, a group of intrepid, courageous souls (not too strong to call them heroes) came over from the BBC 606 site, they installed humour, intelligence a certain joie de vivre that you get to enjoy till this day, think of them as the Pilgrim Fathers, only with nob gags

Pretty sure there was an aggressive marketing campaign via DM over on the mix, which I believe didn't go down too well over there.

I gradually migrated to this place as it was far less busy than the Mix (I'd got done at work for using the internet too much when I was supposed to be working) and if you weren't logged in on here for ten hours or so you didn't have to go through hundreds of posts to catch up.

I remember bumping into Kenny and Paddy one day in the South Bank years ago and them inviting me to post on here, think I may have already been registered by then but rarely posted

Plenty of room for both fora was always my stance. I can understand Bod being a bit peeved though.

For me it was the demise of 606 on the beeb.
Frank suggested twf and ive been here ever since.
Personal observation, it was funnier and more laid back then, still had its battles, but i seem to remember they went off to be resolved on pm most of the time.
Still, well done Vis, i would be lost without my daily dosage.

So my step son is in his final year training to be an English teacher and has been looking for vacancies anywhere reasonably close. (He's been doing his placements at schools in Hartlepool and Middlesbrough)

Anyway, a place was advertised at the secondary school in town so he applied.
Interview this morning and then he had to do a lesson with some Y11's on an exam paper.
He got home about 3 and they rang him before 4 and offered him the job! He was up against 2 current supply teachers too.

Really proud as his last university and Masters years were messed up with Covid and he's just a few months from achieving the aim he has had for over 10 years

Last edited:
Back