• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Value for money, mate, value for money!

Here's hoping Royal Mail doesn't take an age to get it to me.
Been waiting since early January for an item shipped via Royal Mail. No idea where it is or when it will arrive, but it is long overdue.

Why have Charlotte FC things started popping up on Facebook, Is Facebook sentient ??

Why have Charlotte FC things started popping up on Facebook, Is Facebook sentient ??
Well.....yes, FB knows everything about you and your Internet history, however minor or abstract it might be.

Prolific shoplifter at work, hes up to about £800 culmitively stolen over the last few months. Dozens more times we've deterred him too.

Sick of it I phoned round the other shops in our area and he's at it at another Sainsburys Local, a Co-Op and an off licence. They all matched the description with the same items stolen.

I deterred him about two weeks ago and a customer witnessing it knew his name. Breakthrough!

Find the cretin on Facebook and match public pictures on FB to images from our CCTV crucially the rancid tattoo on his neck/throat.

Last night I compiled as many instances with cctv footage as possible burnt it all to disk and asked the managers at the other stores to do likewise and submitted a theft pack advising his name and there are piles of burnt cctv discs at multiple stores of the same individual who is responsible for thousands of pounds worth of thefts in our area.

So satisfying*

*Until the Police/CPS say there isn't enough evidence.

Just me and all my mates on the plane today

93992556-9727-465D-97D3-81653259A8EA.jpeg

Prodigy touring this year to say a final goodbye to Flinty. A must get ticket for a lot of people Id imagine. Can see a sellout within 30 minutes for this .

So I've not been about much over the weekend as I had a bit of Cadet stuff going on.
I arranged an inter Squadron/Sector training weekend at Northallerton which gave Cadets the chance to take part in a variety of events.
There was a Radio Course, Weapons Training, Shooting, Aviation Course and a Leadership Course. It ran on Saturday and Sunday and is the most ambitious event I've put on. I arranged two, previously, but they only ran with 2 events.
It was a complete success and very rewarding. Seeing happy Cadets leaving having achieved a qualification in their chosen course was very satisfying.
I had help from a good selection of staff which meant that everything ran smoothly and meant that I could concentrate on running the shooting side of the weekend.
It is really something to coach Cadets from looking like they had used a shotgun on their first target to achieving not one but two shooting qualifications in a morning/afternoon

Last edited:
Prodigy touring this year to say a final goodbye to Flinty. A must get ticket for a lot of people Id imagine. Can see a sellout within 30 minutes for this .
birmingham academy. therefore it's a no from me. shite venue.

birmingham academy. therefore it's a no from me. shite venue.
I get all the bham venues mixed up with all the name changes, this isn't the one with all the columns and the stage in the middle is it?

Thought they would have been at the NEC given the interest this would generate.

there is the old academy that was down dale end. It has rebranded as the forum.

the new academy is in what was the old dome nightclub. better sound quality (the old academy was poor) but terrible sightlines and so on. bar badly located. upstairs seating is unallocated. hate it as a venue. won't ever go back there if a gig is in the main room. academy 2 and academy 3 (the smaller rooms) are decent enough though.

God knows, it wasn't the old Carling academy. I saw the Levellers and Wonder stuff (well actually just the Stuffies) I think at the Academy about 10 years back, there were columns everywhere, no room and terrible view and was most definitely a fire hazard as it was a crush to get anywhere.

I've seemingly gone back to the academy just prior to Covid and it looked a different venue with no columns (although no more space). God only knows, the venues all being labelled as O2 don't help.

I am seriously considering the Stuffies gig there, not sure how I can break this to Mrs Newbridge as I have already booked tickets to see Sultans of Ping later in the year and completely deffed out any attempt to see Sam 'bloomin' Fender. I don't know how much of my Indie youth she could stomach

Hi ya Ray! How's things going mate?
It's been going for sure...
Been a busy few months since I last posted got fired from a job (1st time ever after 20+ years of employment, I should have walked to be fair)
Set up MrsUKY and her new business and bagged a supplier quality engineer role at a local automotive facility which I'm 2 weeks in and I'm loving it

God knows, it wasn't the old Carling academy. I saw the Levellers and Wonder stuff (well actually just the Stuffies) I think at the Academy about 10 years back, there were columns everywhere, no room and terrible view and was most definitely a fire hazard as it was a crush to get anywhere.

I've seemingly gone back to the academy just prior to Covid and it looked a different venue with no columns (although no more space). God only knows, the venues all being labelled as O2 don't help.

I am seriously considering the Stuffies gig there, not sure how I can break this to Mrs Newbridge as I have already booked tickets to see Sultans of Ping later in the year and completely deffed out any attempt to see Sam 'bloomin' Fender. I don't know how much of my Indie youth she could stomach
I'd go see the stuffies at nottingham rock city instead if I were you.
the new one still has pillars, just less of them. it's a bit narrower so they don't impact as much but they're still there. but the layout is so fucking terrible.
mrs jelly and I walked out of a madness gig there about 11-12 years ago and we vowed never to return. I had to go back as I already had Mika tickets (he slagged the place off on stage) & I did cheat by going to a James gig when I was put on the guest list (but I bought a ticket for leicester de montford hall on the same tour).

Back