• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I can't say I've been, Notts is such a shit drive, I hate going over there - would really prefer a few beers and a train home, so its Brum or bust!

When you wake up the next morning after a Wolves win and go through it all again in your head whilst having a cuppa.

Goals to celebrate (Neves, I wouldn't mind having his babies if I wasn't too old) and plenty of laughs to be had.....especially when they wouldn't give Foster the ball back😂😂😂

The only disappointment of the evening was me beef curry patty from the chippy.

As the years have gone by I seem better able to manage my disappointments at the losses, but the wins, they are like a fine wine getting better with age.

Last night was one of the most enjoyable atmospheres I've been at for a while, real good fun, only missing the old 'lets all have a disco' and the South Bank doing the conga

As the years have gone by I seem better able to manage my disappointments at the losses, but the wins, they are like a fine wine getting better with age.

Last night was one of the most enjoyable atmospheres I've been at for a while, real good fun, only missing the old 'lets all have a disco' and the South Bank doing the conga
Yeah, I dont dwell on the disappointments, I just move on to the next game. I'm not one that would ever boo my team and can't understand fans that do.

But wins like last night are special and memorable for all the right reasons. Plus, it shut the twat up who sits in the row behind me.😀

When you wake up the next morning after a Wolves win and go through it all again in your head whilst having a cuppa.

Goals to celebrate (Neves, I wouldn't mind having his babies if I wasn't too old) and plenty of laughs to be had.....especially when they wouldn't give Foster the ball back😂😂😂

The only disappointment of the evening was me beef curry patty from the chippy.
to add to this, someone after telling me their brother in law thinks matt targett is the best left back newcastle have had in ages.
my sides still hurt!

logged on this morning to try to get Sigur Ros tickets for autumn. Expected a bunfight and loads of online queues.
Was advised to refresh the page at the time everything went on sale and got the expected in a queue message. Auto refresh after 17 seconds.
When the page refreshed, got 2 tickets easily. Quite hopeful they are towards the front too!

only had an extra how many years because boris is a fucking twat.
Not that it makes me happy but Fizzy Lizzy has actually done something good here.

The previous 4, including the fat odious twat in charge never did a thing. Wankers.

I think chucking them £400m was more of a factor than Thick Lizzy fluttering her eyelashes.

The general consensus previously being that you don't pay off kidnappers.

I think sanctions against Iran stopped the payment being made when we were in the eu but once we’d left we could do it. IIRC this was pointed out when the government recently used it as an excuse.

The general consensus previously being that you don't pay off kidnappers.
It wasn't a ransom. It was a bill we owed.

The fact other FS hasn't even addressed this is strange.

And as has been reported the £400m (which would be billions now) is in aid and Covid vaccines rather than in attaché cases ready to give to the Iranians in 1985 Mercedes to drive off to their wicked palaces.

They paid for a load of tanks when the Shah was in charge, that we then refused to deliver when Khomenei and the revolution arrived. And we sat on the money, as returning it would look like funding an unhealthy regime.

Of course it is. Do you expect anything different from this lot? Thatcher stormed their embassy at the time we withdrew the tank order. Boris pays it back somehow, and we have no way of knowing how he has arranged it so it isn't funding a despicable regime as Truss won't tell us.

Having been inside the Iranian embassy since 1980, I still I am glad I came out again. The foreign office and the Met were on alert waiting for me and my companion to return safely to the front door and hoping a diplomatic incident wouldn't occur. I suspect my mug shot is still on their secret police files out there.

Back