• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Thought that was the Bolton badge for a second...

Been out for my (step) sons 25th birthday this evening. Stuffed him and his mate at pool (like taking candy from a baby) then home for a 15yr old Balblair single malt. Great finish to the day

oh and fuck Gary O’Neil…

At first I thought the challenge was to find the missing vowels?

Travelling down to London today for a flight tomorrow to watch my better half run in the Berlin Marathon. We are having 6 days in Berlin, very excited. She's doing the running, I'm there for the beer and the bratwurst. Anyone got any tips on things to do in Berlin? Heard the underground nuclear bunker is a good thing to visit, weirdly.

Travelling down to London today for a flight tomorrow to watch my better half run in the Berlin Marathon. We are having 6 days in Berlin, very excited. She's doing the running, I'm there for the beer and the bratwurst. Anyone got any tips on things to do in Berlin? Heard the underground nuclear bunker is a good thing to visit, weirdly.
Holocaust memorial is very moving. The Reichstag is worth a visit, as is what remains of the Wall. The best thing we went to though was the Stasi museum which is the old Stasi HQ in the east of the city. Much of it is left exactly as it was in the Cold War days. It's fascinating.

Holocaust memorial is very moving. The Reichstag is worth a visit, as is what remains of the Wall. The best thing we went to though was the Stasi museum which is the old Stasi HQ in the east of the city. Much of it is left exactly as it was in the Cold War days. It's fascinating.
Seconded on the Stasi museum, very interesting.

Also did the nuclear bunker, that was good too.

Fabulous place Berlin.

I agree with SLA’s recommendations for sure but would definitely throw in a visit to the Olympiastadion. Built for the 1936 Olympics with all of the history surrounding that, then brilliantly remodelled in 2004 in preparation for the 2006 World Cup final (remember Zidane nutting Materazzi?). It’s an amazing structure that beautifully blends the new stadium with the old one, which doesn’t try and hide its difficult past and somehow gets the mood just right.

I think Berlin is exceptional in the way it doesn’t hide from its past, and seems to balance the importance of the lessons of history with the need to move forward, perfectly, again and again. The monuments and museums are very moving and are ‘must sees’, but the Olympiastadion was a wow I wasn’t expecting.

Thanks folks, I've heard so many great things about Berlin as a city. A great blend of history and popular culture. I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Had my flu jab today, and my Covid Booster is in a week or so.

Though, the nurse today offered me a Pneumonia Vaccine in the other arm at the same time. Said I'd never heard of it before so took some material away to read. Still can't see the point of it.

Anyone else had a pneumonia one?

Though, the nurse today offered me a Pneumonia Vaccine in the other arm at the same time. Said I'd never heard of it before so took some material away to read. Still can't see the point of it.

Had 1 last year for the first time, didn't get pneumonia, may be a coincidence though, as I didn't get chicken pox either.

Mine are booked in for early October. I've not heard of a pneumonia one. They're also offering the shingles jab.

Back