• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The worst game you ever watched.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/898680.stm

Found the BBC report of it. It was as shambolic a defensive display as I've ever seen us have at this level, utterly horrendous.

Straight out worst Wolves performance ever (and mercifully, it was TV only for me) will forever be 0-5 at Fulham under Connor. If you asked me to name my top 10 worst Wolves performances I'd be tempted to stick that down 10 times just to make sure.

I was at that Fulham game. Went there full of hope and left absolutely staggered by the pathetic effort. The Wolves fans, however, were bloody magnificent!

Was that the game when Frank Worthington scored for Stockport and claimed it was one of the best of his career but nobody in the crowd saw it as it was in front of the empty north bank?

I think it may have been, but had he scored it in the south bank we would have struggled to see it. really that game should have been abandoned, but the referee had a wicked sense of humour, and made us all suffer...

I think it may have been, but had he scored it in the south bank we would have struggled to see it. really that game should have been abandoned, but the referee had a wicked sense of humour, and made us all suffer...

What is the rule Frank? Im sure i read after the game that the ref could see both goals from the half way line so the match could continue.

I remember an Anglo-Italian cup game at Filbert Street. Bully scored at the far end and the only way we knew was when he came windmilling out of the mist. Bizarre moment.

Another one vs Stoke was I think 02/03 when we went up, we drew 0-0. turgid from both sides. Stoke had just been lumped with their ID cards so they only brought about 500 which made the midweek atmosphere even worse.

Was that the game when Frank Worthington scored for Stockport and claimed it was one of the best of his career but nobody in the crowd saw it as it was in front of the empty north bank?

Indeed it was, only indication we had that they had scored, was a couple of cheers (stockport bench?) we could hear, and then the Stockport players body language as they lined back up for the kick-off (which we couldn't see).

Straight out worst Wolves performance ever (and mercifully, it was TV only for me) will forever be 0-5 at Fulham under Connor. If you asked me to name my top 10 worst Wolves performances I'd be tempted to stick that down 10 times just to make sure.

Jesus - that was probably the angriest I have ever been after watching a Wolves game. I think the 'things that make you happy' thread in General Chatter right afterwards to try and cheer myself up!! One of the very very few times (and the other involved DIY) when my language has slipped in front of my kids.

I went to Pompey when it was blazing sunshine, no roof and yet we were 3-0 down inside half an hour to a Claridge hat trick :icon_lol: Miserable stuff. I think that was the final sighting of Manuel Thetis, that man was not a footballer.

That was the worst half hour of my childhood.

I was at that Fulham game. Went there full of hope and left absolutely staggered by the pathetic effort. The Wolves fans, however, were bloody magnificent!

I think it came on the back of an encouraging draw at Newcastle in Connor's first game. It was fucking freezing and pissed it down the whole game as well. Just awful.

A champions league final should not really be in this list, but the 2003 final between AC Milan at Juventus deserves a mention. It was a very tedious affair, with both teams appearing to have settled for penalties from the early stages.

The Texaco Cup final second leg at Molineux.

0-0. We won.

On the pitch!

This. I remember walking into the pub near the ground afterwards, seeing Stoo and basically saying 'let's not talk about it'.

I remember that game more for it being when Djibril Cisse decided that he *really* needed another joint in his leg, about halfway up his shin.

And drinking pipe cleaner flavoured Guinness was indeed the best part of the day.

Great days. Not forgetting Billy Ocean's Botulism Bar or the aeons it took you to get served whereas I just walked up, acquired my beverage and sat back down.

Timing innit. As I approached the bar 15 coach load of fans piled in and I was stranded. You expertly spotted a gap in serving just before half time of the live game.

A few years back when we were in division 4 we went to see Wolves play Scarborough on a Friday night at Molineux. Goalless any almost devoid of any goalmouth action. And it was freezing as well.

Back