• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves, Jonny!

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
No, not Colin's dear friend. Jonny Castro!

Which side do we think he will primarily be used? Competition for Neymar or Douglas' replacement?

If I see another “heeeeeeere’s Jonny” line, I might have to break something.

Welcome to Wolves, Jonny. Assume this is our first choice LB next season!

Think that he can play either side - so we will see whether we sign another before deciding

Definitely an upgrade though

It's a shame Otto won't be able to have no.8

Know nothing about him but I'm excited anyway haha welcome to Wolves Jonny!!

At least he can play either side so we still have room for Grimaldo

If I see another “heeeeeeere’s Jonny” line, I might have to break something.

Welcome to Wolves, Jonny. Assume this is our first choice LB next season!

:icon_lol: Now I know he's called Otto I'm sure there was a Simpson joke that could have been made

This signing couldn't come soon enough for me��
Apparently not your overlapping wingback at all but a very solid defender.
Wonder how we will setup with him in the team.

He's a very good player. Right footed, so I'd hope he plays RWB.

Another Jonny Foreigner

Seems like a great signing, welcome! However I don't understand the logic of it coming via Althetico. He's not that young at 25, so why are they loaning him out? Presumably this is the first loan for a long time we haven't got a fixed fee in place for at the end of the deal either.

Another player who can play at rwb! Hooray! Seems to have very good pedigree so I’m excited to see what he can do.

They don't have space in their squad, or something to do with a wage bill. Either way we are benefitting. It's a very good player we are getting.

Seems like a great signing, welcome! However I don't understand the logic of it coming via Althetico. He's not that young at 25, so why are they loaning him out? Presumably this is the first loan for a long time we haven't got a fixed fee in place for at the end of the deal either.
They have two very good right backs already. Juanfran is supposedly moving on next summer, so he'll replace him, or he does well and they can sell him for a big profit.

It's a wage cap issue for Atleti, so we help them out until Juanfran moves on next summer. And then we get a favour back*. Win fucking win.

*Not Juanfran as he will be getting on a bit, but some other Atleti player that would be stonking.

Has Jonny got no presence on social media?

Don't get why they bought a 24 year old only to loan. Actually I do, its a new tactic from the bigger clubs these days, buy cheap, loan and sell for a profit. Easy money.
We did it with Afobe.

Back