• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Man United 1: “another Neves-esque classic goal” The Verdict thread

James

No Tag
Reaction score
Cracking goal from Neves, Traore looks a different player and Rui’s penalty save!

Discuss here...

Adama absolutely made the difference. Excellent going forward and pretty good defensively too. Good on him.

Not sure what was up with Doherty first half, announcers said something about him going off in warmups... don't remember hearing confirmation of what, not sure if a tweak of his preseason injury or something new

night and day difference between the team in both halves. great save from rui, brilliant goal from neves. Traore had a pretty great game. would've liked to have seen neto and cutrone on sooner as they firstly just look fantastic and hungry, and second jota and jiminez not quite clicking today.

point well earned

Someone needs to have a word with Ruben, and quickly. We cannot let that goal, as good as it was, paper over what was a really quite awful performance.

If I sound harsh, good. I expect better from a player we wouldn't have parted with for 9 figures one year ago. He was the only player who didn't notably improve in the second half.

Adama absolutely made the difference. Excellent going forward and pretty good defensively too. Good on him.

Should put to bed all the “can’t trust him against the big teams” bollocks anyway.

Patricio penalty save was fantastic. Dan James is a diving fucker. Gutted Rauls header came off the post, a draw is the least we deserve.

2nd half we were as good as we were bad in the first half.
OMFG Adama was stunning destroyed the defence could and probably should have won it

I thought United looked better than last year. That's a decent point. Ok so we got three points from the corresponding fixtures last year but both Utd and Leicester are better sides with better tactics. Not to lose against a big six is a tidy result.

Look, what we think doesn't matter. Sky have it right. 45 seconds on the Neves goal. 5 bloody minutes on who should have taken the Man United penalty

Kudos to Nuno for finding a way to get at them and turn the game by bringing Adama on, when pretty much everyone to a man was saying Vinagre on, Jonny to the right.

And we'll done to Traore for a great impact. Good touches, good dribbling, and some really dangerous crosses. He had Shaw and McTominay on toast on that side. MOTM.

Bennett had a bit of a mare for 60-70 mins but finally composed himself. Not an easy task up against Rashford and Martial though.

Good cameo from Neto. Only nitpick is he shoukd have crossed low early when he wmgot the ball down the right of the box near the end. But instead held on too long and lost it.

Top quality for both the assist and goal. Another wonder strike for his collection.

One thing I found odd was them playing Dan James on the right. The VT of him at Leeds showed him on the left, and I thought he would've had even more success up against Bennett. If Ole had switched him after seeing how many problems Bennett was having I think he would have been in big trouble.

Was it really a pen? I thought so at the time but on reflection there was minimal contact, only caused by him diving over Coady. It probably was but I've seen several remarks that he dived.

More rationally Adama was just excellent. His persistence won the corner which lead to the goal. He needs to do it consistently, but goodness me what a player he could be

Oh and Neville is so salty it's hilarious.

Did Coady actually touch Pogba for the pen? I’ve not noticed a touch on any of the replays yet?

Can’t actually believe I’m saying this, but... Traore was clearly the man of the match. Dynamic, swashbuckling play, and lifted the whole team with him.

He’s still clearly Traore, but credit where it’s due- we lose that game without him.

It annoys me when they say he 'missed' the penalty. No he didn't. The goalie saved it.

Agree with people on the match thread, first half was a typical Wolves against a top 6 side performance except when we won the ball we always gave it straight back, Jota the worst culprit. Man U look much better than last season. Second half we at least matched them and got a deserved equalizer. Me and my lad were convinced Vinagre would come on....but no, Traore instead, wtf? But the lad completely turned the game, best game in a Wolves shirt ( to follow up his improvement on thursday), if he can continue that he will make a lot of people eat humble pie, me included and I hope he does. A nice little cameo by Neto too. Neves not at his best but tbf we were getting swamped by a much more energetic Utd performance

It annoys me when they say he 'missed' the penalty. No he didn't. The goalie saved it.

Tbh, if a penalty is well done no keeper can save it. In my view, its always the takers that miss the penalty.

Back