• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Fulham 0. Another solid performane verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Didn't gain on those above us, but can only win the game we are in & did that without real trouble

On to Saturday & Cardiff

Sounds like a very professional performance. Can't wait to see the goals.

And we would have been in real trouble if we hadn't have won that game. So it's a big result.

Wonderful to see us grab 8 (eight) in the last two games after our shoddy finishing earlier in the season. All without conceding as well.

3-0 against fulham...Sako, enough said..8 teams at least 10 points off the 9th team..can we challenge?

I was a bit concerned by the lineup and by the amount of play Fulham seemed to have but by the end probably more comfortable than the 5-0 at the weekend by the sounds of it. 3 good goals, Sako back firing and another clean sheet. I could get used to this!

On to Cardiff now and I'm hoping for a repeat of Huddersfield as opposed to Norwich.

3-0 against fulham...Sako, enough said..8 teams at least 10 points off the 9th team..can we challenge?

We have to pick up points in March against the teams above us. Cardiff we must beat, but Bournemouth away would be a real statement of intent if we could win there.

Untroubled due to an excellent display at the bank and clinical finishing in the first half.

Quick question - did we get a single free kick tonight? Because I genuinely can't remember us getting one. We definitely didn't have one during the 2nd half.

First half an excellent display. Second half completely in control. Very happy. We can't control what others do so just have to keep winning

Untroubled due to an excellent display at the bank and clinical finishing in the first half.

Quick question - did we get a single free kick tonight? Because I genuinely can't remember us getting one. We definitely didn't have one during the 2nd half.

Yeah, BBC has Fulham listed as 0 fouls! Weird.

Nice to see us build on a good performance with a second one. Long may it continue.

Delighted with the result but it's demoralising to look at the table after scoring 8 goals in 2 games to see we haven't gained any ground on the teams above. Still, we're in good form and we need to keep this run going for as long as possible.

Norwich are living up to their potential since Alex Neil arrived and are looking unbeatable at the moment.
Hopefully we can continue our form and keep winning.

To win 3-0 without either of the BANDITS scoring is superb ;)

The ref was like s Sunday league ref. Just let everything go. I prefer it that way and at least he was consistent.

There was some real odd ones though, the Stearman hand ball looked a stone Waller to me and there was a lot of tussling between defenders and strikers which was allowed to continue. I swear jack price kicked one of them in the head and nothing was given!

Like I said, preferred that the game was allowed to flow

Strange game tonight. Seemed like an odd line up. Looked like a 4-1-3-2 with Dave Edwards playing as the defensive 1 in front of the back four with Jack Price narrow right and Sako tucked inside on the left. Any width game from the full backs. It didn't really work and Fulham had a lot of the ball in our half, without creating any real chances.
Great corner and an easy header by Batth to open the scoring early doors aside, it wasn't until Sako grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck that we came alive.
I think he was getting frustrated by playing deep and narrow, punctuated by a impetuous snapshot from 20 yards out. After that he ruled the roost. Fantastic finish after a sequence of 20 passes, which I think came from the fact there was so little movement from our players that it was our only option to knock it around until something happened. Sako happened. Great finish but Fulham gave him all the time and space in the world. They were seemingly annoyed by something for the first goal and that smack of "it's not fair" permeated throughout their defence for the rest of the first half.
His second, and our third was a proper 'smack it as hard as you can' kind of finish from a silly tight angle through the keepers legs. Emphatic.
And that was that. Job done. Second half was a total non-event. Only noteworthy occurrence was Sako asking to come off - hope it was just tiredness but he went straight down the tunnel.
Iorfa looked a bit ropey and we have no bite upfront when either Dicko or Afobe aren't on the pitch.
Stearman was superb and KMac was really running the show. Perhaps down to playing in a central 3, perhaps because Fulham were so rank.
Anyway, hardly convincing performance, but a very handsome scoreline, which can't be grumbled about at all.

Last edited:
A simple victory against a very poor Fulham side who look reasonably pretty but have no bite whatsoever. Sako the difference in the run up to half time. We were solid without being spectacular and won at a canter. Stearman magnificent at the back again.

2nd half tonight was a truly professional performance. No need to look pretty, not need to be silly and go gung ho, just keep the ball and plug the gaps when Fulham tried to play through us. If we had still been playing now Fulham wouldn't have got through ower defensive midfield and a water tight defence. We all like to see goals but when you can kill the game by frustration and ball retention its as good as. Its great to see we can take off ower front three to keep them rested (Bar Sako as he was taken off with stomach cramp) it means we've finally found out how to kill games off unlike early in the season.

Back